LadyCollada's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

2 days in San Diego - tell me what I should do!

Just landed in San Diego. Will be spending the weekend with my mom who's also visiting and my sister who lives downtown. I'd love recommendations for a brunch spot and a fun walking/shopping area to get locally made jewelry and fun clothes. Maybe somewhere in Ocean Beach?

Thanks!!

San Diego, CA, United States
4 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: 2 days in San Diego - tell me what I should do!

You should consider going to Coronado Island! Park near Coronado hotel, and you can walk along the beach, it's pretty nice. There are a few interesting shops inside the hotel as well (open to public, no need to stay), as well as ice cream shops. I generally like the area around there. 

As for food, I always go to Phil's BBQ on Sports Arena Boulevard. It's probably one of the better BBQ place you can get in California 😛

Level 4

Lots of brunch spots near the downtown area. Hillcrest has several places like Hash House, Snooze, Fig Tree Cafe, Farmers Botegga, Tractor Room, Patio at Goldfinch. 

Downtown, cafe 21 is a pretty decent brunch spot as well.  

Best bet for shopping area would be Fashion Valley because Horton Plaza really isn't that great. 

Walking around, yeah Ocean Beach is nice, as well as the board walk area in Mission Bay. Both of those places are near downtown. Point Loma is also nice out by the Cabrillo Monument..

Level 9

I just came back from a 3rd year in San Diego for Comic Con.  Here is a My Map of some of my personal favorites.  Mostly restaurants as SDCC takes up all other time you have while there.  https://drive.google.com/open?id=1jxXRt4FoqLymcfu6BKpC_X7NaJ8&usp=sharing

If you pick only one place from this list, make it Brian's 24.  Their food is really good and unusual.  Their take on Tater Tots will make your mouth water!YUMMM!YUMMM!

?Kimberly on Social ? Google Maps  ? Instagram ? Facebook ? Twitter ?️YouTube ?San Francisco Local Guides

Level 2

Wow, Tasty