LucioV's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: 1900 miles, 9 days, three states - My adventure in the West

I know what you mean with the rockfalls @LucioV I was photographing enormous storm surge waves pounding the coast and witnessed a section of cliff around 150m long and 80m simply fall into the sea. Makes you think about what you're standing on. 

Regards Paul

Level 7

@LucioV

Wow just awesome .. nice one 

Level 9

@TraciC don't miss this amazing journey 😉

Level 10

To whom that doesn't know what is El Capitan, here is a link to a National Geographic news, after the first solo, without rope, ascent by Alex Honnold, on june, 6, 2017.

This wall is around 3000' high, with difficults around 5.12.

I can't believe how this man could handle fear.

Having visited the place where he started, and camped, and having been at the base of the SE face of El Capitan make me really full of joy.

This man is some kind of hero for me and to all the climbers of the world.

http://www.nationalgeographic.com/adventure/features/athletes/alex-honnold/most-dangerous-free-solo-...

The Dawn WallThe Dawn WallTry to find this camp on the Dawn WallTry to find this camp on the Dawn Wall

Connect Moderator

So happy to read your wonderful, detailed recap and see all the many photos and videos @LucioV! Sounds like your family and you had a wonderful time! A West Coast adventure filled with memories to last you a lifetime!

You never mentioned to me that you never drove an RV before! And you learned how to drive it in Los Angeles, the Car Capital of the World. I am very impressed!!  Plus you drove and parked the RV around San Franciso's Embarcadero. Again, you are a Man of Steel. 

So glad you loved Yosemite and did not encounter any bears at night. What did you family think about the trip? How did your mom like the RV? What was your impression of Walmart?  

Cheers,

Karen

Level 10

Thanks @KarenVChin yes! The first great result was that i never had an issue with the RV, and was the first time for me EVER! 😄

Consider that i climb up Russian Hill with the RV to take some shots upon Lombard Street!

My mum was enthusiastic, first time for her outside Europe 🙂 A little worried about issues, consider that she doesn't talk a single word of English... 

Virginia went crazy for the RV, and sometimes I thought i need an anesthetic to calm her...

Valerio was more problematic, as he doesn't eat nothing but chicken....

I knew Walmart, but any time I'm shocked about the huge availability of anything you could need... is something we European were never used to...

Thanks again for your suggestions Karen!

Level 8

@KarenVChin@LucioV ‘s mum is a fighter! She just said few days ago, she want to do it again!

Connect Moderator

Haha @LucioV, America can tad over excessive at times. LOL Kids will be kids. Glad to know other children will only eat one thing, one thing only! What is a family vacation without a little drama?! Fun can be found in any language. Happy to hear your mom had fun.

i didn't want to ask if you drove up or down the hills of SF in an RV! Again, I would be nervous for you and the cars behind and in front of you.

Cheers,

Karen

Connect Moderator

@DanielaBP, hopefully this trip will get @LucioV's mom to explore the globe more!

Cheers,

Karen

Level 8

The odds say probable!! @KarenVChin Super Luvi’s mum traveling 😍