Brianibrahims's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

10 Things You Can Only Buy In Kenya

Uniqueness is a gift that everyone possesses.

Each country is unique in its own way and am glad to say that Kenya is a shopper’s paradise when it comes to finding unique items and souvenirs.

With over 43 tribes, the amount of ingenious creativity and originality is mind-boggling.

Check out these incredible, heritage and culture-full items that are made in Kenya.

1. Ebony Carvings

Ebony Carvings - the work of Akamba wood sculptorsEbony Carvings - the work of Akamba wood sculptors

2. Maasai Blankets

Traditional Maasai blanketsTraditional Maasai blankets

3. Masks

Kenyan MasksKenyan Masks

4. Maasai Shields

Traditional Sheields - Made from cured hidesTraditional Sheields - Made from cured hides

5. Maasai Spears

Maasai Spear - Indicates a Moran's presence at homeMaasai Spear - Indicates a Moran's presence at home

6. Baskets (Kiondo)

These Handwoven Baskets are made by traditional women expertsThese Handwoven Baskets are made by traditional women experts

7. Kenyan Art

Each Tribe in Kenya has their own unique artEach Tribe in Kenya has their own unique art

9. Kazuri Beads

Kazuri beads used to create colorful neckpieces, bracelets, and earrings.Kazuri beads used to create colorful neckpieces, bracelets, and earrings.

10. Kisii Soapstone Carvings

Carvings of  animals and plants on Soapstone from Kisii's Tabaka RegionCarvings of animals and plants on Soapstone from Kisii's Tabaka Region

There are many other things including traditional wines and brew eg. 'Muratina' which is a brew made from herbs and honey.
But the above are my best picks.

Nairobi, Kenya
4 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 10
Solution

Re: 10 Things You Can Only Buy In Kenya

That's so cool @Brianibrahims

I would definitely purchase a few of those items if i was travelling there.

Showing these items makes deciding what to buy more easier😀

View solution in original post

Level 9

Bls: 10 Things You Can Only Buy In Kenya

thanks for sharing about this

welcome to local guide connect
greetings

success always for you
kalu may give better advice to read the first rule in this forum so that your post more useful for many people. if can be equipped with photo
spirit contribute

Level 3

@Brianibrahims Awesome piece

Level 8

Hello @Brianibrahims

Thank you for this wonderful post. Out of these 10 items I actually have 1 item. 😀

I have the Maasai Blankets (2 PC's) from a Kenyan friend.

Cheers

Level 10
Solution

That's so cool @Brianibrahims

I would definitely purchase a few of those items if i was travelling there.

Showing these items makes deciding what to buy more easier😀