cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

10 Places You Must Visit in Dhaka

10 Places You Must Visit in Dhaka

Hi there.

If you plan to visit Dhaka, The capital city of Bangladesh then this post is absolutely for you.

Even you are from abroad or from other cities of Bangladesh. I hope this will help you a lot. Here I will be sharing about 10 places that you should visit when you are in Dhaka.

Well, there are many places to visit besides this 10. I am adding them to an additional list.

So, Let's go.........

First of all..........

Place 1: Bangladesh National Museum

Open all day in a week except Thursday. Entry ticket needed and you have to put your bag and baggage on the locker counter.Bangladesh National Museum. Photo Source: InternetBangladesh National Museum. Photo Source: Internet

Place 2: Liberation War Museum Bangladesh

All day open except Sunday. Ticket needed. But occasionally free for all. I love this place a lot. You can find the total history of the liberation war of Bangladesh.Liberation War Museum, Bangladesh. Photo Source: InternetLiberation War Museum, Bangladesh. Photo Source: Internet

Place 3: Bangladesh National Zoo.

All day open except Sunday. Need to purchase a ticket to enter. A lovely place for pass time. Kids friendly place. Well decorated. Tigers, Lions, Hippos and many animals are there.Bangladesh National Zoo. Photo Source: WikipediaBangladesh National Zoo. Photo Source: Wikipedia

Place 4: Mirpur Botanic Garden, National Area

Location: Zoo Road, Mirpur, Dhaka. Just beside of national zoo.

All day open in a week from 6 to 6. The place is very friendly, natural and authentic. Far from heavy traffic and bad condition of Dhaka. 🙂 People loves to visit the place a lot. Two years back we organized a meet up there.National Botanic Garden. Photo Source: InternetNational Botanic Garden. Photo Source: Internet

Place 5: Independence Tower.

The place is open 24 a day and 7 days a week. Very amazing place and this place have a great significance in our history. There is also an underground museum. People love to visit the place a lot. I also went there several time. Independence Tower. Photo Source: Internet-WikipediaIndependence Tower. Photo Source: Internet-Wikipedia

Place 6: Lalbagh Fort

Open all day except for Sunday. Sunday is the first working day of the week. The place is really amazing and very authentic. Old place but loving to all people of Dhaka. One of the most loving place to me in Dhaka. A ticket is needed to enter the area. A 360 captured by me.Lalbagh Fort. Photo Source: InternetLalbagh Fort. Photo Source: Internet

Place 7: Ahsan Manzil

One of the great place of Dhaka. Built in British period. The place is open all day except for Thursday. Ticket needed to enter. Kids friendly and natural.

Ahsan Manzil. Photo Source: InternetAhsan Manzil. Photo Source: Internet

Place 8: Bangladesh Air Force Museum 

I visited this place more than 10 times. Kids friendly. Run and maintained by Bangladesh Air Force. Only Sunday is close and other days are open. Lots of airplanes are stored there. Even anybody can enter the plane and see inside. A 360 captured by me.A photo of mine at Bangladesh Air Force Museum. Captured by Partho.A photo of mine at Bangladesh Air Force Museum. Captured by Partho.

Place 9:  The Shaheed Minar

The place is always open for all. No entry ticket. This place carries the significance of the Language Movement here. Must visit place in Dhaka. It reminds me a lot and makes me think all the time.Central Shaheed Minar. Photo Source: InternetCentral Shaheed Minar. Photo Source: Internet

Place 10: National Parliament House

This place is restricted to the general public. But a good view can be observed from the front side and from the park side. Kids friendly place. People usually gather to see in the afternoon time.

National Parliament House. Photo Source: InternetNational Parliament House. Photo Source: Internet

Well, At this point we had seen them all 10 place that should be visited during Dhaka visit. Here, Not I am going to list some additional place that you can also visit at dhaka.

1. Chandrima Udyan

2. National Museum of Science & Technology

3. Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Novo Theatre

4. Bangabandhu Museum

5. Rabindra Sorobor

6. Raju Bhaskorjo

7. Zia Shishu Park

8. Dhakeshwari Mandir(National Temple)

9. Dhaka City Museum

10. Osmani Uddayan

11. Bahadur Shah Park

12. Rayer Bazar Bodhyo Bhumi

13. Hatirjheel Lake Park 

OK, I think this enough for a single tour. But there is many more place to visit in Dhaka. Dhaka is really an amazing city with a large population.

Have fun and enjoy the city. If someone coming let us know. We can help you out there.

Regards

Sajol Kumar Das

Bangladesh.

Dhaka, Dhaka Division, Bangladesh
39 comments
Level 10

Re: 10 Places You Must Visit in Dhaka

@SajolKDas আমার ৫ আর ৮ নাম্বার জায়গায় যাওয়া বাকি  রইছে । কভার দেয়া লাগব 

Mahabub Hasan
Level 10

@OSAMA @LucioV @ErmesT @FaridTDF look at this . for more understand out Dhaka city 

Mahabub Hasan
Level 8

ঢাকায় এতো কিছু আসে 😮😮😮😮 দেখার। লিস্ট দেইখা দেইখা এবার শুরু করবো

Level 8

@SajolKDas I am lucky

I visited all.

Proud to be a Local Guide.
Connect Moderator

OMG @SajolKDas, you are giving us material for an year of post and meetup. I am so happy @MahabubMunna, that you tagged me!!

Let me invite in here also the Captain @KarenVChin

Now, if you want to know my opinion, Sajol, I think this is a great starting point for an amazing series of post that you guy can write, to help the people that want to visit Dhaka.

As you may know, I wrote (with the help of Karen) a kind of guideline that can be useful for this: Traveling Like a Local

Let me know what do you think about this. We will be happy to help you guys. Are you with us, @SoniaK?

Ermes

Level 10

@SajolKDas ভাই আপনাকে অনেক ধন্যবাদ। গুরুত্ব পূর্ন  স্থান গুলো শেয়ার করার জন্য।

এর মধ্যে এখনো ৩টিতে যাওয়া আমার হয়নি। দেখি আগামী মাসে একটি সফর দেওয়র পরিকল্পনা আছে তখন ঐ ৩টি সম্পন্ন করে ফেলবো।

Follow me here.....
Level 9

2-3 ta baki ache amr

Level 8

@MahabubMunna lets go together. You have 2 left. We can finish this together.

We will have fun there.

Level 8

@RomanSyed আরে আর আছে। মাত্র এই কয়টা দেয়া আছে মাত্র।