Gio51x's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: railway stations in the world with Street View

The SV photography was done with a Google Trekker mounted on NGHR1 a small track machine used for track inspections and fire patrols behind the steam trains. I take it out a couple of times a month to do inspections, the winter run starts around 6.30am. 

NGHR1NGHR1

Regards Paul

Connect Moderator

If you want another view of Puffing Billy I made this video years ago - it's accompanied by some awesome Bottle Neck Blues composed by Johan aka Bottle Neck John who I got to know after being introduced by a friend and he agreed to put together some music for the video.

Level 10

but are you part of the Puffing Billy team? Do inspections on the railway, the SV is yours then ... congratulations ... I have never been in a railway like this in many years (in Italy there are none ... now I look at the whole video)

Level 10

very nice the video, even the perfect music!

Level 5

Hey @Gio51x

That is a very detailed story, I liked it :)) 

I was in a quite similar situation. When I was young, I received a box of a train with lots of tracks from my parents. I did not remember much about the details but I did enjoy playing it, just so much fun. And, I remember I was living in a small house which did not allow me to leave my train empire on the floor, so everytime I had to put it back into the box. Unfortunately, I do not have the box of train toy anymore but the memory will always on my mind. I am sure that I will buy the same toys for my children in the future but hopefully with a bigger house :))) 

I always believe "Trains are very attractive, following the different tracks to the different destinations, just like us!!!" 

Cheers,

Alex 

Alexander Spade
Level 10

dear friend @AlexanderSpade 

today all over the world, the boxes, the packs (I do not know what your age is) I'm 51 and I'm from 1966, just the boxes from 1850 to 1999 depending on the historical period have a high monetary value, as well the first trains and toys in tin, the electric tracks with the trains ... it's been many years that I would like to find one that was given to me for Christmas ... the factory that produced them does not exist anymore ... and therefore these toys and trains from mid-1800 to 1999 have a great value in some cases higher than the value of gold per gram ... there are locomotives for collectors who are valued as a new car ...

Level 9

Hi Google Team Hi all friends Many thanks for you @Gio51x and many thanks for you all
Elzerbi
Level 10

Train washing station in Lisbon, Portugal 

@AlexanderSpade

@NRJOVIC

@XanderO 

Level 10

@Gio51x wrote:

Train washing station in Lisbon, Portugal 

@AlexanderSpade

@NRJOVIC

@XanderO 

This is the first time I'm seeing a train washing station, we don't have a train system in Lagos. Thanks for sharing @Gio51x

Level 10

There are technologically advanced stations that have stations that wash trains, but first they must be disinfected and sanitized, washed in ... however, it is an expensive operation to wash the carriages depends on the railway administration ...