AlMutebi's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Your City's Mall Photo Challenge: Who's in?

Upload at least 10 photos of businesses in your favorite city mall.

Many times am in malls and its something i find very interesting. I get to see lots of people, each visiting for something that'd be interesting to know. 

I also enjoy checking out cool fashion designs. Yeah... i can afford some and of course the discounts have been very helpful

One of those malls i have spent some time is Burlington Mall, in Burlington Massachusetts and being that Clarks is one of those brand i like, it comes to #1.

ClarksClarks

2. Banana Republic

Banana RepublicBanana Republic

3. Disney

DisneyDisney

4. Chico's

Chico'sChico's

5. Team Spirit

20180101_175053(1).jpg20180101_175105.jpg

6. The Cheesecake Factory

The Cheesecake Factory (Day)The Cheesecake Factory (Day)The Cheesecake Factory (Night)The Cheesecake Factory (Night)

7. GameStop

GameStopGameStop

8. Lego

LegoLego

9. Godiva

GodivaGodiva

10. Pottery Barn (Kids)

Pottery Barn (Kids)Pottery Barn (Kids)

11. Sur La Table

20180101_163615.jpg

12. Gap

GapGapGap for BabiesGap for Babies

Not the best camera and angels!

@OSAMA@KarenVChin you're in?

36 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Your City's Mall Photo Challenge: Who's in?

@AlMutebi, looks like you are definitely experienced American shopping mall life!  What do you think? Is it like what you imagined? Any similarities with what you find in Uganda?

As for me, I do most of my shopping online now. Rarely, do I physically go to a mall.  It's the new American way of shopping - at home, any time of day or night!

So, I don't have 10 photos to share. I do have recently a new store that I was curious to visit. They opened one in my area - Amazon Books (yes, Amazon is opening retail, brick and mortar stores slowly across America!). 

Amazon Books, Broadway Plaza, Walnut Creek, CAAmazon Books, Broadway Plaza, Walnut Creek, CA

It was crowded. There was a Peet's Coffee inside. Peet's Coffee inside Amazon Books, Broadway Plaza, Walnut Creek, CAPeet's Coffee inside Amazon Books, Broadway Plaza, Walnut Creek, CA

They had all of Amazon devices - Kindles, Echo, Alexa, Fire, etc. - to play with and ask questions from very helpful Amazon sales staff. Amazon Echo and other Amazon devices to test out and play with, Amazon Books, Broadway Plaza, Walnut Creek, CAAmazon Echo and other Amazon devices to test out and play with, Amazon Books, Broadway Plaza, Walnut Creek, CA

Standing in line waiting to pay, Amazon Books, Broadway Plaza, Walnut Creek, CAStanding in line waiting to pay, Amazon Books, Broadway Plaza, Walnut Creek, CA

Amazon Fire, Alexa  to name a few - Smart Home Products, Amazon Books, Broadway Plaza, Walnut Creek, CAAmazon Fire, Alexa to name a few - Smart Home Products, Amazon Books, Broadway Plaza, Walnut Creek, CA

Of course, there were books, including a Children's Books and Toys area.

One of the many book areas for browsing and purchasing, Amazon Books, Broadway Plaza, Walnut Creek, CAOne of the many book areas for browsing and purchasing, Amazon Books, Broadway Plaza, Walnut Creek, CA@MahabubMunna @ErmesT @OSAMA @FaridTDF @YK1001 @U-royFelixA @SanyaOdare, to help out AlMutebi and make his challenge interesting, what is your favorite city or town's shopping center (mall) and what foreign country have you visited that impressed you with their shopping centers?

Cheers,

Karen 

Level 10

hey, great idea @AlMutebi all the photos are amazing!

Add, Edit, Explore More ! || Google Maps Contributions || Gujju Local Guides on G+
Level 10

thanks a lot @KarenVChin for invite me . extremely sorry to say i haven't any picture in my country mall specific shop . but few pic are in a mall just share 2IMG_20150717_131104.jpg

IMG_20150724_190857.jpg

26678063_2118695571477590_5992531325324082379_o.jpg

IMG_20160507_202556.jpg

IMG_20160613_130409.jpg

IMG_20160613_130421.jpg

Mahabub Hasan
Level 10

@KarenVChin @AlMutebi Nice one guys. The malls in Nigeria are pretty big but nothing to compare with colossal imposing sizes of the malls in the US.

United States is indubitably my favorite country to shop in the world. My favorite bookstore in the States is the Yale Bookstore in New Haven, CT.

I can never get bored in the US cause all I need to do is go to any of the shopping malls. Some of these shopping malls will take you the whole day to go visit all the outlets in it. 😂

Yale Bookshop in New Haven, CTYale Bookshop in New Haven, CT

Bostonian Clarks of England Outlet in Clinton, CTBostonian Clarks of England Outlet in Clinton, CT

Fossil Outlet in Albany, NYFossil Outlet in Albany, NY

JC Penny, Albany, NYJC Penny, Albany, NY

Macyy’s in Boston, MAMacyy’s in Boston, MA

Men’s Warehouse, Boston, MAMen’s Warehouse, Boston, MA

Levi’s Straus Outlet, Auburn, MALevi’s Straus Outlet, Auburn, MA

Fallsgrove Village Center Mall, Rockville, MDFallsgrove Village Center Mall, Rockville, MD

Polo Ralph Lauren Outlet, Clinton, CTPolo Ralph Lauren Outlet, Clinton, CT

Abercrombie & Fitch, CTAbercrombie & Fitch, CT

Swarovski Outlet, Clinton, CTSwarovski Outlet, Clinton, CT

Level 8

Hi @KarenVChin, thanks for inviting more guys! It's really becoming more interesting and i believe i'll learn a lot from it.

Ahh, for the malls, there's not much difference from Ugandan Malls apart from the huge discounts i usually see and take advantage of.

I've never seen 50-60% discounts in Ugandan malls. It's only like 10-25% that I've seen.

About shopping online, **####** i messed up one time and my nikes went to another address. Good they were returned and i was refunded.
For the Amazon store, i think it's a clever idea. People like me who like to see and meet new people would find it very interesting
going to a physical store.

Level 8

Thanks @iDepp and i can't wait to see your photos

Connect Moderator

You're welcome @AlMutebi.  From my understanding, I hear many foreign tourists love to shop in America - for the big sales, huge variety like what @U-royFelixA stated, and great return policies.  

From my experience shopping overseas vs what I can get here in the States,  we definitely have more sales - things usually go Half Off in a couple weeks if you can wait - and more items to purchase, lots of inventory!

For Amazon to start opening retail, brick and mortar stores, is going against trend.  The funny thing is where this new Amazon Books store is located the old Barnes & Noble store closed up two blocks away two years ago because people were buying books online a la Amazon or going to the e-reader route (Kindle).  While I was in Amazon, I could overhear shoppers around me talk about this fact!

Cheers,

Karen

Level 9

I like this topic @AlMutebi actually am thinking to make WW Mall Meetup :-))))

I will share mine sooooon :-)))))

Level 9

Very nice POV bro @AlMutebi I think in malls this is what we want to see :-)))

A photo from best walking POV 😉