RickG's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 1

Yosemite National Park

My name is Rick and I live in Oakhurst, Ca. Near Yosemite National park and Bass Lake. There are many trails to hike, backpack and ride bikes here just south of the national park. Swimming, boating and fishing are some of the things you can do in the lakes and rivers here as well. I am very familiar with this area having lived here for 16 years and I am a volunteer firefighter for the Madera County Fire Dept. If anyone has questions about this area, feel free to ask and I will answer them for you. I ride road and mountain bikes, go kayaking and swimming in all the lakes and streams around here, like to hike and backpack and many other activities.Caleb photo 1.jpgYosemite_012.jpgYosemite_033.jpgYosemite_005.jpgIMG_1806.JPGYosemite_033.jpgYos above tunnel (2).jpgDSCN0327d.jpgDSCN0373a.jpg1008081430.jpgDSCN0365a.jpg

5 comments
Level 9

Re: Yosemite National Park

Thanks for sharing so many beautiful photos of Yosemite National park @RickG. It's great to hear you are a volunteer firefighter too. Is this place safe for back packing alone being new to the location? Or are there any pre-planned nature trails organized by some locals?

Googler

Thanks for sharing, @RickG! Did you see your email that we announced Google-hosted meet-ups at National Parks, historic sites, landmarks and etc in celebration of the Centennial? Yosemite is not on the list but perhaps you might consider hosting one? 🙂 More info can be found here on the official event page

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Level 8

wow ❤️  special happy place.

Farhat Ahmed
Level 2

I haven't seen the place yet but soon I'll make it happen. This is very helpful. Thanks you so much for sharing.

Level 8

Beautiful pictures @RickG, Thanks for sharing 🙂

Robby Sayles