Myrathor's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Yerevan Ararat Wine Cognac Factory and Museum

Wine for producing Armenian brandy is prepared exclusively from special grape varieties grown in the Republic of Armenia and Nagorno-Karabakh.

Ararat is an Armenian brandy (cognac-style) that has been produced by the Yerevan Brandy Company since 1887.It is made from Armenian white grapes and spring water, according to a traditional method.

The best excursion on my trip in Yerevan. One of the best cognacs I've ever tasted. Factory building itself is very pretty. Tasting with commentary was great. I tasted 6, 10 and 15 years old brandy. I brought home 6 and 12 years of brandy.

Brandy collection

Ararat Erebuni, 30 years old.

Ararat Nairi, 20 years old.

Ararat 3, 5 and 25 years old.

Ararat Tonakan, 15 years old.

Ararat Akhtamar, 10 years old.

Ararat Otborny, 7 years old.

Ararat Ani, 6 years old.

Ararat Dvin, collection.

Ararat Armenia, collection.

https://goo.gl/maps/x2EZmwekuLJ2

ar01.jpgar02.jpgar15.jpgar03.jpgar04.jpgar05.jpgar06.jpgar08.jpgar10.jpgar11.jpgar13.jpgar14.jpgar07.jpgar09.jpg

Yerevan, Arménie
5 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Yerevan Ararat Wine Cognac Factory and Museum

what an hard job @Myrathor 🙂 but somebody will have to do it 😄
I cannot imagine this, even if in Vinitaly (the biggest Italian fair about wine) I have been testing 16 different types of wine.

I suppose you took the photos BEFORE testing the Cognac

Level 8

I can imagine how enjoyable is to breath all that wine air. I went to Tequila town some weeks ago and it was amazing Thanks for sharing

Luis Hernández - Querétaro, México. Queretaro Local Guides
Level 8

Peace Barrel

The Peace Barrel of the Yerevan Brandy company was founded on November 6, 2001 in honor of the visit of the OSCE Minsk Group co-chairs. It will be opened when Karabakh conflict is resolved. The barrel is filled with the brandy spirit of 1994. This year symbolizes the time when the cease fire agreement has been signed.

ar12.jpg

Level 8

Hi @ErmesT Yes, tasting samples is very difficult. Mainly in the morning. 🙂

Connect Moderator

Muy buenas las fotos @Myrathor, la que más me llamó la atención es la del bajo relieve persa del hombre luchando con un león, eso representa algo de la empresa🤔, por supuesto la información destaca el detalle en el alejamiento del wisky.

Saludos Farid