TariqMahmood's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Winter Survival Motorbike trip to Naran KPK

Hello My Dear Friends!

Today I am sharing with you my story of Winter Survival when we mates travel on motorbikes to mesmrerimes Lake Saif ul Malook Naran, Kaghan Valley KPK Pakistan. Here is a brief description of the lake.Frozen Lake Saif ul Malook Naran, Kaghan ValleyFrozen Lake Saif ul Malook Naran, Kaghan Valley

Lake Saif ul Malook is a famous tourist resort, well known for the associated story of a Persian prince Saif ul Malook. It is located about 8 kilometers (5 miles) north from the town of Naran in northern end of Kaghan Valley, in District Mansehra, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.

The lake with its majestic and mesmerizing natural beauty, pleasant atmosphere and associated tale and history, attracts thousands of tourists each year from all around the country during the summer.

The lake is also famous for being habitat of large size Brown Trout fish, which weigh up to 7 kilograms. Lake Saif ul Malook also provides a marvelous view of Malika Parbat, which is the highest peak of Kaghan Valley.Me with my Suzuki Raider 110 at Naran KPKMe with my Suzuki Raider 110 at Naran KPK

Lake Saif ul Malook is a famous tourist resort, well known for the associated story of a Persian prince Saif ul Malook. It is located about 8 kilometers (5 miles) north from the town of Naran in northern end of Kaghan Valley, in District Mansehra, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.

The lake with its majestic and mesmerizing natural beauty, pleasant atmosphere and associated tale and history, attracts thousands of tourists each year from all around the country during the summer.

The lake is also famous for being habitat of large size Brown Trout fish, which weigh up to 7 kilograms. Lake Saif ul Malook also provides a marvelous view of Malika Parbat, which is the highest peak of Kaghan Valley.

The best time to visit Lake Saif ul Malook is between May and the end July. It remains covered in snow during winter, and the road to the lake stays closed due to heavy snow fall.

Altitude:

Lake Saif ul Malook is one of the highest alpine lakes of Pakistan. It is located at an altitude of 3,224 meters (10, 578 feet) above sea level.

Depth:

There are lots of controversies about the depth of Lake Saif ul Malook. In fact, there is no authentic source to tell the exact depth of lake. The local people of the valley say Lake Saif ul Malook is 1 kilometer deep, some of them says it is 1.7 kilometers. However, a team which recently conducted a survey on all alpine lakes of Northern Areas of Pakistan told that the depth of Lake Saif ul Malook is 50 feet.

If we take a look at figures given above, the one (50 feet) provided by the team which conducted survey seems to be more realistic, as if we consider the geography of the area surrounding the lake, it would be marvel of nature for a lake to be 1-1.7 kilometers deep at an altitude of 3 kilometers above sea level.

Story of Lake Saif ul Malook:

The classic story of Lake Saif ul Malook is written by Sufi poet Mian Muhammad Bakhsh. It is written in the form of poetic verses.

The story is about a Persian prince named Saif ul Malook who fell in love with a fairy named Badi ul Jamal (transformation in English: Glory of the moon), whom he saw in his dreams. The prince thus started his journey to find his beloved fairy Badi ul Jamal. He was clueless in his restless journey until he met a Devish (holy man), who told him how he can find her. Devish also told him that he had to go through many exams before he could find and marry Badi ul Jamal, because she was a fairy and prince was human.

The prince then starts his journey for the impossible in the name of his love. The rest of the story chronicles the challenges he faced during his journey and the spiritual lessons he learned on the way.

Map:
Map of Lake Saif-ul-Malook

Map of Lake Saif-ul-Malook – click on map image to see detailed map.A sign Board at Lake Saif ul Malook Naran KPKA sign Board at Lake Saif ul Malook Naran KPK

Hopefully you guys will like my story you may see the shared album here Winter Survival Bike Trip of Naran KPK.

@Anonymous, @RashmiM, @AkmalB, @Julien44 , @Haseeb

@Badruddeen @TorM

TariqMahmood
Naran, Pakistan
21 comments
Level 8

Re: Winter Survival Motorbike trip to Naran KPK

Excellent @TariqMahmood

I had love to visit here with you one-day. Thanks for your time Tariq.

This place is amazing. 👍

Salaam

Level 8

Wa Alaikum Salam @Badruddeen

Thanks for your valuable words. Surely I am always here for you to travel together in beautiful Pakistan.

Good Night from Paradise Kashmir Pakistan

TariqMahmood
Connect Moderator

@TariqMahmood

My wife and I enjoyed this photo trip very well, as we have today +30 in Germany.!

Thank you!

https://goo.gl/maps/6ascMbAtC6r
Level 8

Tariq @TariqMahmood

The more you go through your archive the better it gets. So I am waiting for the next post. 

Good night. Sweet dreams & Cheers 😀😎

Level 10

Hi @TariqMahmood

First of all that chappal kababs are really mouthwatering in this fasting season,

I just hear about lake Saif ul maluk,all the stories are inspiring and motivating factor to visit that place,called pariyon Ka dais,

And also I read Mian Muhammad Bakhsh's Book Saif ul maluk,which is worth reading,

Thank you so much for sharing

As usual you're looking good on your bike,

Just wanted to ask ,is there accommodation so expensive or in budget?

Level 8

@TorM Thanks for enjoying my trip and your wife too. And +30 is still bearable. We are having 40+ here in my city now a days. Anyway my younger brother is also staying in Germany. Hope we might be able to meet someday in future. 

Greetings from Kashmir Pakistan.

TariqMahmood
Level 8

@Badruddeen Sure my brother. I will share more stories periodically. And my invitation to you whenever you want you may visit my country. And we will travel together in these wonderful valleys and mountains. 

Greetings from Kashmir

TariqMahmood
Level 8

@AkmalB Chappal Kababs were eaten in Muzzafarabad City Capital of AJK. Accommodations may varies as per season. In peak season (May-Aug) its is very expensive while other months are budget level. 

Mian Muhammad Baksh Writer of Book Saif ul Malook is buried just a few kms from my home place called Khari Sharif. 

Greetings from Kashmir

TariqMahmood
Level 8

@TariqMahmood wrote:

@Badruddeen Sure my brother. I will share more stories periodically. And my invitation to you whenever you want you may visit my country. And we will travel together in these wonderful valleys and mountains. 

Greetings from Kashmir

Hi Tariq

I might be coming there to meet Mr. Imran Khan.

Will let you know.

Cheers