Trincomalee Nilaveli beach

Batticaloa pasikuda beach

Arugambay beach

Galle hikkaduwa beach or

Negambo beach

9 comments
Level 9

Re: Which is the best and beautiful beach in sri lanka

Hi @PrashaaJ! I would rate Arugambay beach as the best considering its low tides and the surfing facilities. Ofcoz each and every beach in Sri Lanka has its unique beauty. 

Level 3

I agree with you Arugambay beach and hikkaduwa beach also best places for the surfing in sri lanka. What about trincomalee beach 

Level 3

@IlankovanT wrote:

Hi @PrashaaJ! I would rate Arugambay beach as the best considering its low tides and the surfing facilities. Ofcoz each and every beach in Sri Lanka has its unique beauty. 

I agree with you Arugambay beach and hikkaduwa beach also best places for the surfing in sri lanka. What about trincomalee beach 

Level 9

@PrashaaJ Yep!
Hikkaduwa is also famous for its snorkelling areas. It has a rich coral reef ecosystem, reef fishes and even turtles come around. You can have a look at them while snorkelling.
In Trincomalee, the Nilaveli beach is the best. The pigeon island and its surrounding coral reefs are a fantasy to visit.

Pigeon IslandPigeon Island

Snorkelling and diving is possible there, you can hire diving assistance here also as its in Hikkaduwa. However, unlike Arugambay and Hikkaduwa the beach is a bit rough so its not suitable for better surfing.

Arugambay BeachArugambay Beach

Passikudah is another low tide beaches which also has a rich reef to be watched. Thousands of people gather at this place during the weekends.

Passikudah BeachPassikudah BeachPassikudah BeachPassikudah BeachPassikudah BeachPassikudah BeachPassikudah BeachPassikudah Beach

Negombo is famous for its sandy beaches and rocks in the shore with alot of tiny crabs. I enjoyed the prawn delicacy served in a restaurant nearby.

Kallady beach in Batticaloa is also another famous beach. It doesn't corporate bathing or surfing as its quite rough but the sandy shores are mind blowing. Its visited by thousands of people in the evenings. During the morning visits, the crawl fishing activity which is locally known as Karaivalai/ Madel is an interesting recreation.

Kallady beach in BatticaloaKallady beach in Batticaloa

Many people gather around to help out in this fishing and to buy fresh fishes brought to the shore.

Level 8

unawatuna beach 🙂 you missed it

Level 2

my point of view very beautiful beaches is Pasikudah & Nilaveli Pigeon island 

Level 9

@VivekananthanS yes those also beautiful 🙂

Level 10

@PrashaaJ Lesser know Jungle Beach in Rumassala, Galle is one of the best beaches in Sri Lanka.

DSC_0019.jpg

DSC_0095.jpg

DSC_0098.jpg

Level 2

Anyone know about Arisimalai அரிசிமலை,  Rice hill beach, it's in Pulmodai near Ilmanaid Factory. It's also beautiful and peaceful full beach