MichelChammas's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: What's your favorite beer?

Hi @Zeds I love traveling and tasting local foods and beers. Armenia Kilikia beer it has a grain density of 12.5% and an alcohol’s content of 4.8% vol.

pivo02.jpg

Level 5

@Corrie,

When you named Bell's Hopslam I thought gee I have had a Bell's beer...and now I remember buying Bell's Two Hearted Ale from Whole Foods Market in Del Mar after a barman suggested it to me one evening at the Blind Lady Ale House in Normal Heights,San Diego a few years ago.It was a pretty nice IPA...7% abv.I've never seen the Bell's Hopslam but after looking it up.....I WANT SOME! Gee 10% abv and a 6 month shelf life...what a combo! And with the variety of hops,honey and plenty of malt it sounds like it's gonna love me.I know exactly where to get it now....5 minutes down the street at the Bevmo.It's a little pricey at 17 bucks a 6 pack but it will be worth trying that's for sure.If you ever a get a chance try Victory Brewing's Golden Monkey...it's a killer! And Boulevard Brewing Company's Long Strange Tripel is amazing! Thanks for the tip.

Cheers,

Zed star.

Level 5

@WalterSanders,

This is probably the best beer I have tried so far in my beer life...after drinking Jack Daniels for many years.It is Victory Brewing "Golden Monkey"..a Belgian Style Tripel with added spices...at 9.5% abv it's got some kick but geez is it good!

Cheers,

Zed star.

Yippee yi yay!!!!!Yippee yi yay!!!!!

Level 5

Spoiler

Now you mention Japan, in Japan one of the best beers for me is Sapporo, in all its varieties. For me the Premium Black is the best. 

Full bodied, strong but tasty, remmeber this flavor in beer coffee and chocolate. The light... Is delicious but I am of strong flavors. But the local beers, however, have no comparison with commercial beersproduct-page-can.png

Level 5

@ArtemioA,

I have tried a Sapporo years ago.I have also tried some almost black South American beer...not to my taste but each to their own.

Cheers,

Zed star.

Level 8

@Zeds Next time i think i must have a look 👀 on the craft 🍻 

Walter Sanders
Level 5

@Corrie,

It was hard to find being a seasonal brew but hey ......I never give up.We were at Whole Foods Market in Del Mar,CA this afternoon and I asked the beer guy if they had Bell's Hopslam Ale...18 bucks a 6 pack.He went out the back and came back with just 2 cans...and I bought them........for only $2.50 a can.....what a deal!They know at this store that I am a big Local Guide reviewer...I've had the headline photo since we started shopping here 2 years ago ...I own this store.And the beer tasted most excellent...not sure yet if it's won the Zed star gold medal but it was very enjoyable...thanks so much for the heads up.

Cheers,

Zed star.

This beer is super duper good!This beer is super duper good!

Level 9

I like red beer 🙂

Check out my virtual tours demo / "A camera is a save button for the mind's eye" - Geek quote 🙂 /

Generated using https://ndsmyter.be/local-guides-banner/
Level 5

@GéraldM,

The Irish love red beer too.

Cheers,

Zed star.

Level 5

@WalterSanders,

This is a real nice IPA...6.4% abv and bottle conditioned ...hard to beat for around 12 bucks a 6 pack. 

Cheers,

Zed star.

Real nice IPA.Real nice IPA.