MichelChammas's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: What's your favorite beer?

@Zeds Wow - Mein Kompliment - sieht echt klasse aus !!!

I do never achieve this perfection in Pizza making.
Here in my Home Country we have also very good Italian Restaurants were you can get very good Pizza, Noodles and Antipasti.
Here in Germany we have a difference to the American style. The Pizzas here are very thin (except at PizzaHut) but smells very good. Next time when i'am going to the Restaurant i'll make a photo
and post it.
The Craft Beers are more in the greater Towns, nearby you have traditional brewerys who brew at the German "Reinheitsgebot"
Next i will try more Craft beer that i can discus 🙂 only to make a scientifically foundet investigation.
1996 i was in Toronto - the first time i've seen Event Restaurants, will say very big restaurant (greek style) - at this time very different to Germany - now you find also Event Restaurant here.
i think its time to make a holliday ...
Prost und guten Appetit 😉

Walter Sanders
Level 5

@WalterSanders,

My wife makes the pizza base by hand using special Italian style fine flour and I do the rest ...prepare all the toppings and put them on the pizza....only the best ingredients will do.And of course I drink the beer.We make Calzones,deep dish pizza,Chicago style stuffed pizza...you name it we've tried it and made it at home.It's a lot of fun and a good talent to practice.The Italian pizza restaurants here are phenomenal but their craft beer selections are usually very limited.It's all about the pizza and pasta.I could jump in my car right now and within 5 minutes stop at the first of many craft breweries or brew pubs as we call them here that are within 2 miles of our house.We live high on a hill behind a huge tourist strip on the beach.

Americans love to drink beer...and definitely much better beer these days.

Cheers,

Zed star.

Level 5

@WalterSanders,

These photos of Neapolitan or Tuscan style thin crust pizzas are mostly from Italian restaurants in San Diego County.Two are from Pizzeria Delfina in San Francisco.They all tasted very very good.

Cheers,

Zed star.

Pappalecco,Encinitas,CA.Pappalecco,Encinitas,CA.Pappalecco,Encinitas,CA.Pappalecco,Encinitas,CA.Pizzeria Delfina,San Francisco,CA.Pizzeria Delfina,San Francisco,CA.Buona Forchetta,San Diego,CA.Buona Forchetta,San Diego,CA.Isola Pizza Bar,La Jolla,CA.Isola Pizza Bar,La Jolla,CA.Pizzeria Delfina,San Francisco,CA.Pizzeria Delfina,San Francisco,CA.

Level 5

@WalterSanders,

Yard House is a classy sports bar /restaurant chain with about 66 locations in the USA....about half are in California where they started in the late 90's.They have up to 150 craft beers on tap in each location.The food menu is vast and very good.I nearly died of shock when we walked into the Yard House in Scottsdale,Arizona a few years ago.It is huge beyond belief and then to actually see all the beer taps behind the bar.....just too much choice for me.My wife and I had a lovely lunch recently at the Mission Valley location.....very impressive too.You would love it...they have the kind of beers you like mate.

Cheers,

Zed star.

Scottsdale,AZ.Scottsdale,AZ.Scottsdale Fashion Square,AZ,USA.Scottsdale Fashion Square,AZ,USA.Mind boggling beer menu.Mind boggling beer menu.Way to go!Way to go!Dining in Scottsdale,AZ.Dining in Scottsdale,AZ.Nachos extraordinaire.Nachos extraordinaire.Delicious Pork Carnitas.Delicious Pork Carnitas.Mission Valley,San Diego.Mission Valley,San Diego.These sports bar restaurants are huge!These sports bar restaurants are huge!Real nice house IPA.Real nice house IPA.Excellent burgers here.Excellent burgers here.Feast your beer eyes on this.Feast your beer eyes on this.

Level 5

@Myrathor,

This is what is in my fridge right now.The Collette Farmhouse Ale is a 7.3% abv Belgian Style ale...real smooth.The Calling is a 8.5% abv Belgian Style IPA...a little richer in flavor.....one of the best beers I have tasted. 

Cheers,

Zed star.

From Colorado,Usa.From Colorado,Usa.From Kansas City,Missouri,USA.From Kansas City,Missouri,USA.

Level 10

I have tried Erdinger (German Beer) for the first time on Saturday night and it was pretty good.

Erdinger, German BeerErdinger, German Beer

Level 5

@MichelChammas,

Wow that's a dark beer!.....is it like a Porter?  

Cheers,

Zed star.

Level 5

I like the local beers, as is Brancino brewery with its Becerro (baby cow) beer is special with a very dark intense flavor and chocolate flavor and heavy to take it with calm and respect. (A mi me gusta las cervezas locales, como es cerveceria Brancino con su cerveza Becerro (baby cow) es especial con un sabor intenso muy obscura y con sabor a chocolate y pesada para tomarla con calma y respeto.) The Pub where sale is The Beer for Us, in Monterrey, Mexico (El lugar donde la vende es BEER for US.) The adress is 

Av Alfonso Reyes 341, Contry El Tesoro, Contry Tesoro, 64850 Monterrey, N.L.
Phone (Teléfono🙂 01 81 2091 3391

@CorrieD wrote:

@MichelChammas Personally, no beer gets me more excited than Bell's Hopslam

@CorrieD wrote:

@MichelChammas Personally, no beer gets me more excited than Bell's Hopslam

Level 8

Hi @Zeds Thanks for the tip. When I visit someplace new (state) taste the local beer. Bulgaria, lager. After dinner perfect. Pretty tasty.

pivo01.jpg

Level 5

@Myrathor,

Good tasting beer is a wonderful thing......I love trying new ones wherever they are from.....Korea,Brazil,Japan,New Zealand but my favorites are American beers and Belgium ones.

Cheers,

Zed star.