iyudhi's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Visiting the first KFC (Kentucky Fried Chicken) in the world!

"Welcome to the world's first KFC!" 

That's how the server greeted me as I was about to order my food. Yes, I just visited the first KFC in the world. I didn't realize it's here until I saw the sign from the highway on my way to the hotel from the airport. So I decided to dine there for dinner.

Believe it or not, KFC actually has sentimental values for me as an Indonesian. It was one of the first and most popular fast food chain in the country. I remember eating KFC since I was a kid. My friends back then used to celebrate their birthdays at KFC. Back during my university days in Indiana (I went to Purdue University), my Indonesian friends used to bring a rice cooker full of steamed rice to a KFC buffet nearby. Seriously though, nothing better than KFC crispy chicken served with steamed rice and a side of chili sauce. Ask any Indonesian and they'll tell you the same.

So visiting this shop was actually quite an exciting moment for me. Below you can see some photos that I took.

P.S If you're wondering why there are so many 'Harman Cafe' sign, this article might gives you some explanation

About Utah: Story of first KFC shows anything can happen

ebue8hymwD87WzmKXedqLxUhr4YgdJKUu5NrLDbqj4kprz8jtRXObQsJDY4q2wSt

cc:\ @TraciC so this is where I went to dinner 😛

KFC, 3890 State Street, Salt Lake City, UT, United States
26 comments
Level 9

Re: Visiting the first KFC (Kentucky Fried Chicken) in the world!

Wow! This is awesome. Thanks for sharing @iyudhi

Level 8

Thank you @iyudhi, it brings back some memory for me.

I still consider the Fried Chicken in Jakarta is the best I ever tried.  It was at this shop.

In case of KFC, I find in Jakarta better than in Singapore, in turn much better than in Hongkong.

Connect Moderator

Lol @YK1001, my friend you have excellent taste! 😄

Yes I love Ayam Goreng Suharti as well. Actually, whenever I'm back home I always try to eat here at least once.

Level 8

Oh wow @iyudhi It was one of my family traditions to eat at KFC after church. However, this was many years ago, but I love to eat KFC's biscuits. (laughing)  Thanks for sharing, I love reading about history and other people cultures.

Robby Sayles
Level 10

Thanks Ivan how about a link to the first kick pn Google maps. 

Googler

@iyudhi Whoa, what a cool story. See, fast food isn't awful at all. I love that there's a history there and who knew Kentucky Fried Chicken was NOT first in Kentucky? Excuse me while I post this everywhere! 🙂 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Former Google Contributor

I love this recap - thank you so much for sharing 🙂 Of course now I am craving fried chicken... I think my new favorite thing is the idea of you guys bringing rice cookers into KFC. Brilliant. 

Connect Moderator

Haha post away @TraciC! 😄

Connect Moderator

@Corrie Imagine a few hungry college kids, riding a bus with a small rice cooker in one hand and chili sauce on the other. And the KFC had buffet too. You can probably guess how it ended 😛