Visit to Agra Fort - Taj Mahal Part 1

My visit to Agra Fort. Fast Facts

Built By: Akbar

Built in the Year: 1573

Purpose: Main residence of the Mughals

Area: 380,000 square meter

Current Status: The fort is a UNESCO World Heritage site

Visit Timing: Sunrise to sunset

How to get in there: Entry to Agra Fort is allowed through the Amar Singh Gate only

1.jpg

Agra Fort was built in the year 1573 under the reign of Akbar – one of the greatest Mughal Emperors. It took more than 4000 workers and eight years of hardship to complete the fort. Knowing the significance of its location, Akbar built the fort to make it the main residence of the Mughals. The fort remained as the main residence of the emperors belonging to the Mughal dynasty until the year 1638. The fort houses numerous impressive structures like the Jahangir Mahal, Khas Mahal, Diwan-i-Khass, Diwan-i-Am, Machchhi Bhawan and Moti Masjid. In 1638, the capital of the Mughal dynasty was moved from Agra to Delhi, causing the Agra Fort to lose its status as the main residence of the Mughal emperors. The fort is separated from its sister monument Taj Mahal by just 2.5 kilometers. Often described as the walled city, Agra Fort is a UNESCO World Heritage site. Today, the fort is a major tourist spot and attracts many tourists from all over the world. text via culturalindia(dot)net

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Please check Part 2

Agra Fort, Agra Fort, Rakabganj, Agra, Uttar Pradesh, India
24 comments
Level 8

Re: Visit to Agra Fort

Level 9

@Badruddeen very nice informative post 🙂

just 2.5 kilometers between Agra fort and Taj Mahal , so sure its added to Agra wish list places 🙂

thanks for sharing about your adventures in India :)))

Level 8

@OSAMA wrote:

@Badruddeen very nice informative post 🙂

just 2.5 kilometers between Agra fort and Taj Mahal , so sure its added to Agra wish list places 🙂

thanks for sharing about your adventures in India :)))

Visited Taj Mahal on this day. Will post those photos too. 🙂

Thanks Osama.

Connect Moderator

Great post about Agra fort, @Badruddeen. I visited the fort and tajmahal back in 2015. It was an amazing experience for me. Thanks for reminding me of my visit to the fort. Have you seen the movie Jodha Akbar? They showed a lot of the fort in the movie. 

Level 8

Thank you @Badruddeen for sharing this kind of information and photos.

Keep sharing.

With best regards,

Achinta

Level 8

@SoniaK wrote:

Great post about Agra fort, @Badruddeen. I visited the fort and tajmahal back in 2015. It was an amazing experience for me. Thanks for reminding me of my visit to the fort. Have you seen the movie Jodha Akbar? They showed a lot of the fort in the movie. 

Now that you told I must watch that movie. 🙂

Thanks Sonia.

Level 8

@Achinta wrote:

Thank you @Badruddeen for sharing this kind of information and photos.

Keep sharing.

With best regards,

Achinta

You are welcome brother.

Cheers

Level 6

Re: Visit to Agra Fort - Taj Mahal Part 1

You have captured the fort well @Badruddeen

May - I'm thinking Agra will be very hot right now? 🙂 Hope you are keeping cool with lots of Banta (or you'r favourite drink).

Connect Moderator

Re: Visit to Agra Fort - Taj Mahal Part 1

Wow. Great experience... Bro.

Thanks for sharing this beautiful pictures and information @Badruddeen

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.