ErmesT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: Venezia, an unconventional view

well @WalterSanders, the name of the "spritz" come from Spritzer, a German word to indicate the action, in this case, of putting co2 in the wine, to dilute it reducing the alcoholic degree.

Aperol is one of the "liquors" I was not mentioning, the other of course is Campari

Level 7

Re: Venezia, an unconventional view - Le Altane

Ahh caro @LucioV Sono costretto dal tuo post per chiedere - quante volte ci si perde a Venezia 🙂

Pensando a come foschia e nebbia possono cambiare l'aspetto delle strade e degli edifici e paesaggi - immaginare un album di stagione e il tempo di influenza, foto che mostrano tutti i modi i nostri luoghi può essere sperimentato.

Level 7

How marvelous @Anonymous. How unexpected to see that in a photo 🙂

The trick in the glasses aside, this photo seems evocative of every pleasant afternoon, pre-dinner, stop that I have ever enjoyed.

Not just in Venezia, although I think that was the first place I truly realized just how wonderful pausing during a city walk to sit and enjoy watching people while sipping a glass of something delicious.

Level 7

*laughing* oh @Anonymous @ErmesT this reminds me that before I went to Venezia and other places, I thought we had lots of pigeons here in New York. Our pigeons are nothing in comparison.

Wonderful photo-the people look like they are terrified to move more because they may hurt the birds than because they think the birds will bother them.

Level 7

@WalterSanders @ErmesT I have heard of "spritzers" here in the US.

If I remember correctly, years ago I used to drink wine spritzers instead of straight-up wine. I think I was young enough to imagine that drinking wine straight was too much alcohol (for me)

I learned better over the years and now I think nothing of two glasses of wine with dinner.

About spritzers--the way I remember the wine spritzers was wine with soda water. I don't know of other types of alcohols with soda water (I know soda water is used with other alcohols but I am not certain those are referred to as spritzers.)

Oh by the way--any conversations about great wines--I want to be a part of that!

Level 7

Re: Venezia, an unconventional view - The Backstage part 2

@ErmesT I adore how your photos remind that tourists are visiting a city where people live and work and go about their days. When I see tourists in my city, I appreciate them and am happy they are enjoying everything offered here. But I sometimes wonder if they remember that they are in a place where people live, eat, work, go to school, do normal everyday things. Then I am a tourist--and I have to remind myself that where I visit, now it is the other people who eat, work, do their laundry, wash their cars, normal everyday things.

With these thoughts, over the years, I have grown into the habit of engaging people in conversation--whether I am the tourist, or they are the tourist. When I am a tourist, I try to talk to anyone and everyone who lives there: in restaurants, shops, sitting in a cafe or bar--I want to find out what they like about their city and what they hope visitors will appreciate. When I am here at home, and I am among tourists, I listen to their conversations--I try to always be helpful where I can be, pointing out places to see and things to do.

We are all tourists somewhere.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Venezia, an unconventional view - The Backstage part 2

@ErmesT, wunnerful, wunnerful, peaceful.

One day I hope to revisit, and armed with a better camera with which to capture the full beauty of. When circumstances allow.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MarieP - New York? Lens in hand that is a top place to be. I for one could spend a lifetime (there) and never get short of a next photo opp.

Meanwhile, Venice.

I did a few irreverent things during the trip. Such as switching it around to instead of pointing the camera at all those wonderful architectural structures, I'd instead photographed dozens of photographers and their facial expressions - just for fun.

Image quality is decidedly rough around the edges - the camera was dead cheap. No matter, shouldn't concern anyone as we don't come here with the intent of winning prizes. 

Shooting the photographers - VeniceShooting the photographers - VeniceShooting the photographers - VeniceShooting the photographers - VeniceShooting the photographers - VeniceShooting the photographers - VeniceVenice through my looking glassVenice through my looking glassVenice through my looking glassVenice through my looking glassVenice through my looking glassVenice through my looking glassVenice through my looking glassVenice through my looking glass

Connect Moderator

@Anonymous, le tuo foto sono belle, e soprattutto "raccontano molto". Io sono sempre stato convinto che la qualità tecnica è solo una parte dell'immagine. Quello che l'immagine "racconta" vale molto di più dell'aspetto puramente tecnico. Se ti interessa l'argomento, io lo racconto qui.

Ci tenevo però a chiarire un punto: Io penso che Venezia sia una città unica e bellissima, e non voglio denigrare quella parte meravigliosa della città che i turisti visitano. Posso anche comprendere che, dato che il turismo è lo strumento attraverso il quale Venezia e i Veneziani vivono, ci sia la tendenza a sfruttare un turismo di massa per ottenere i massimi utili con la minore spesa. Tutti noi, come giustamente dice @MarieP, siamo stati, e siamo ancora, turisti.

Permettetemi però di usare anche la parola "Cultura". Credo che sia una parola importante, importante per una città come Venezia, e che dovrebbe essere valorizzata di più. Nel mio piccolo io provo a farlo.

Vi racconto una cosa: rientrando da questo tour fotografico che presto riprenderò a raccontare, io e Antonella siamo stati colpiti da un piccolo manifesto attaccato al portone di una chiesa sconsacrata, molto vicina alle strade turistiche, così siamo entrati. All'interno c'era pochissima luce, pochissime persone e molto silenzio, e inoltre era vietato usare il flash, per cui le immagini non sono per niente buone, ma mi piace mostrarvele.

Questo è quello che abbiamo trovato:

IMG_20170129_165447.jpg IMG_20170129_165405.jpg

IMG_20170129_165419.jpg IMG_20170129_165437.jpg IMG_20170129_165426.jpg

IMG_20170129_165232.jpg IMG_20170129_165353.jpg

IMG_20170129_165252.jpg

Gli strumenti sono del 17° secolo, l'epoca di Antonio Vivaldi, di scuola Veneziana e Vicentina.

Provate a immaginarli qui:

Qualche volta però, anche la modernità non è male. Io vi lascio per oggi, ma voi rimanete qui ancora qualche minuto. A presto

Connect Moderator

@ErmesT, que lindo mimo al espíritu, el compartir esa música con nosotros, mientras la escuchaba (la primera), imaginaba una tarde de otoño de una chica del 1800 corriendo en una tarde gris,  a toda prisa como escapando de algo, supongo que estoy influenciado por el vino rosado de la cena y la hora jejej 00:13, al margen de eso, muy agradable escuchar esa música, el violín es uno de los instrumentos que más me agrada escuchar, la segunda me agrada pero no tanto prefiero a Lindsey Stirling, como sea gracias por eso.

Por otro lado me sumo al pensamiento de @MarieP, que interesante reflexión que hace sobre el ser turista y el ser visitado por turistas en una ciudad, tan turística como Venecia, donde viven de ellos (en el buen sentido de la palabra). Yo lo veo cuando visitó Ushuaia los barcos llegan y mil personas de de Italia, España, Brasil y otros tantos lugares mezclándose con todas las personas que hacen su vida diaria, si es raro como indica Marie, pero al esto reflexionó y pienso que bueno que lleguen esos barcos sino la ciudad sería muy triste, nosotros como Local Guides, nos convertimos en turistas cuando pasalos con nuestras cámaras por muchos lugares, haciendo clic. Esa bueno eso.