Anonymous's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Vending Machines in Your Country: What can you buy besides drink?

Vending machines in Japan sell everything from Coca-Cola to used high school girls panties.   One of the most amazing absurdities in Japan.    What's weird where you are in the world?   Doesn't have to be vending machines.

85ee2aad-s.jpg

Akihabara, Taito, Tokyo, Japan
3 comments
Level 10

Re: Vending Machines in Your Country: What can you buy besides drink?

Oh dear. Buying used high school girls' panties?! I am very sure that's a Japan thing, and I'm gonna keep an eye out for these silly vending machines during my trip to japan next month.

In Australia, we don't have anything particularly to note that is served in vending machines. The ones that I've seen in particular are phone packs or first aid kits, but nothing too out of the ordinary that isn't a necessity.

Oh I forgot to answer the question. Things weird around Australia? I don't really know, things are pretty basic and regular around here, there isn't anything that's too out there, but mostly because I've grown up here.

Former Google Contributor

To be true, @Anonymous, there are no used panties vending machines in Japan anymore.

They existed for a very brief period of times (and not in great numbers) but, right now, it's illegal to sell that and the police have been taking a closer look on those things.

But, as for some people there that is still a kind of a fetish, so even if you find today something similar (even in some gachapon machines), they pretend to be used, but they're not. And in other cases what is being sold are new panties, not used ones.

Local Guides Community Program Manager
Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.
Level 9

cool photo @Anonymous    do you happen to have more photos of vending machines from japan ? (I happen to be japan fan 🙂 ) ?

Check out my virtual tours demo / "A camera is a save button for the mind's eye" - Geek quote 🙂 /

Generated using https://ndsmyter.be/local-guides-banner/