MarieP's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Re: Varieties of Landscapes

@ErmesT,

We do have snow capped mountains about an hour's drive from home and we can drive to the inland deserts about 2 hours away but we live very close to beautiful beaches which is our preference.These are some recent photos we took of beaches very close to our home in Solana Beach.It's a huge tourist destination for many Americans and overseas visitors.We ride our bicycles along the coast highway every Sunday.These 5 photos we took have been viewed over 500,000 times on Google maps since we posted them last year.....headline photos of course. 

Cheers,

Zed star.

Moonlight Beach,CA.Moonlight Beach,CA.Moonlight Beach,CA.Moonlight Beach,CA.Moonlight Beach,CA.Moonlight Beach,CA.Moonlight Beach,CA.Moonlight Beach,CA.Fletcher Cove Beach Park,CA.Fletcher Cove Beach Park,CA.

Connect Moderator

Hi @MarieP, on saturday afternoon we where driving to Spoleto. Ho dovoto fermarmi perchè non potevo perdere questa immagine:

borgo vicino a Spoletoborgo vicino a Spoleto

Connect Moderator

@MarieP@Zeds@Corrie, this is Spoleto, in the Umbria region. A view trough the fog, early in the morning, last sunday.

On the top of the hill you can see the "Rocca Albornoziana", and in the right side the "Duomo"

The Rocca Albornoziana, built on year 1367 si now a Museum, but it was a prison untill 1982. 

Next time that I have to go to Norcia I will try to find a couple of hours to stop in Spoleto to take some better photos

Spoleto - la Rocca and Il DuomoSpoleto - la Rocca and Il Duomo

Spoleto - il DuomoSpoleto - il Duomo

Spoleto, the tower's bridgeSpoleto, the tower's bridge

Anonymous
Not applicable

One of my favourite landscapes because of the contours, just a few km outside of Chiang Rai.

A landscape filled with contours, near Chiang RaiA landscape filled with contours, near Chiang Rai

Connect Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable

Aaah @ErmesT, if only, if only, if only. If only it were fog.

Regrettably no (it's smog).

Level 5

@Anonymous,

Smog...how sad!

Cheers,

Zed star.

Connect Moderator

Oh @Anonymous, I thought north of Thailand was non so vado. By the way, I have been working in the center of china in 1995, and i know what is SMOG

Level 5

@ErmesT your pictures are just amazing! Thank you for sharing so much inspiration.

After seeing your pictures here I'm even more happy to being able meet amazing local guides like you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ErmesT, I can imagine. It must have been a challenging experience in China.

Unfortunately, burning fields and waste is an age-old problem right across the borders of this region too, especially around this time of year when weather gets very hot and very dry.

The positive news is ASEAN governments are finally trying to actively persuade people to change lifetime habits. For example, we are one month into a two months ban on lighting fires. That's effective to a degree although no way a permanent solution.