RohitSadana's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Valley of Animals: A Park near to Nature

Dear LG Friends,

A few days back when I was in Chandigarh, I enjoyed an opportunity to Visit "Valley of Animals" in sector 49, Chandigarh.

The Valley of Animals is a park built around the concept of housing various eco-systems in one expanse, it gives a glimpse into the hot Safari desert, as well as freezing Tundra region, lush Asian forests and animals from every belt will inhabit the park, But all this is in their topiary form. Topiary Form is basically the art of creating sculptures in the medium of clipped trees, shrubs and sub-shrubs. It is really unique and different from other parks where all-green similar types of animal specimen are kept at a distance from one another.
The animal shapes are created with plants of different hues and textures so as to make it a colourful and curious display. For instance, the father-offspring dinosaurs will be in green colour to gel with Clerodendron plants whereas the mother dinosaur is created in yellow to go with golden Duranta plants. Also  the Panda couple is in green and the offspring topiaries are in yellow color. There are giant lizards surrounded by plants that might have existed during the Jurassic era when dinosaurs ruled the earth. These plants include Jackfruit, banana and cycas palm etc. 

People living in the nearby area love to visit this beautiful place for morning and evening walks. It is well maintained by Chandigarh Administration.
The topiary animals are displayed in such a manner that visitors are able to witness the entire animal kingdom as the creatures stand on separate slopes, undulating pleasantly in varied hues. in the centre  of park an artificial created Dolphin  pond is the centre of attraction.

This is really worth watching and enjoyable. you will feel you are near to plants and animals while visiting this place.

A few pictures of this beautiful park is being shared with all of you friends.

Friends you can also share your experiences, if such beautiful parks exist near your place too

The entranceThe entranceDianasourrrrrrDianasourrrrrrCloseness to natureCloseness to natureA Man-made BridgeA Man-made BridgeBeautiful name of ParkBeautiful name of Parka Duckka DuckkTopiariesTopiariesPlace too sit that too with Animal TouchPlace too sit that too with Animal TouchAnimals roaming aroundAnimals roaming aroundcave inner sidecave inner sideDolphin pond with central FountainDolphin pond with central FountainAn artifical caveAn artifical caveRead MeRead MePath to  WalkPath to Walktwo animals sharing thoughtstwo animals sharing thoughtsPlants and AnimalsPlants and AnimalsThe Other end of parkThe Other end of parkFountainFountain

Reagrds

Happy Mapping 

Keep Guiding

Chandigarh, India
3 comments
Level 8

Re: Valley of Animals: A Park near to Nature

@RohitSadana Nice pictures, Thanks for sharing.

Level 10

@Neminath

Thanx for post dear

Enjoyyyyyy

Connect Moderator

Nice pictures and information.

Thanks for sharing @RohitSadana

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.