RobAo's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Unexpected Photowalk in NYC: Missed a flight, made lemonade

After the #LGSummit17, I took an extra week staying in New York for work-related reasons. On the day I was meant to travel, I, unfortunately, missed my flight by about 30 minutes. Having been referred to the rebooking desk by KLM, we discussed how much it would cost over the phone- $700. Now, being a first time tourist to the US, I didn't have the amount and asked if they could do a waiver for me, for which it was cut down to $200 (rebooking fees waived, paid taxes only.) 

Due to missing the flight, I was crushed and kinda embarrassed. Same feeling the next morning. Since I had an extra day in town, decided to go for an unplanned photo walk around downtown New York. Here are the posts I shared on Instagram about the experience (click on any caption to open in Instagram to read the 3 part experience): 

Unexpected Photowalk: Part 1 Alright, so I missed my flight after a series of unfortunate events. Le...

A post shared by Rob Ao Opiyo (@rob.ao) on

Unexpected Photowalk: Part 2. #localguides in @nyc Alright, so we get a better photo by the girl who...

Unexpected Photowalk: Part 3 - Finale We wrap up shots and start hearing back to the apartment to ge...

New York, NY, United States
1 comment
Level 10

Re: Unexpected Photowalk in NYC: Missed a flight, made lemonade