Gio51x's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Turin, my city, the places of my life here and surroundings with Street View

@AdriansyahPutera 

@MosesWong 

@BudiFXW 

@JonesParapaso 

@Garg_Saab 

@ThanhLan 

@BakulMehta 

Turin, my city, the station, the tracks that through the train that also takes me to work outside the city, here on the right is visible the large maintenance / check beam of the passenger carriages that are controlled and powered by electric columns, inside the sheds are washed, cleaned, sanitized and repaired with visit pits for repairs on the bottom of the wagon or up to 3 m with side jacks when, for example, the carts must be replaced.
Here the old but always effective diesel locomotives of the D 245 group are in action, from the unmistakable noise of the engine and from the still 3-axle movement with connecting rods.
In the middle bend also the double track directed in France and for Milan.
The line for Genoa is instead in the middle, the leftmost tracks alongside the old freight yard also lead to the large shunting and locomotive deposit of Lingotto. The yellow house on the right ex railway offices dates back to 1900.

Level 10

Re: Turin, my city, the places of my life here and surroundings with Street View

@AdriansyahPutera 

@JaneBurunina 

@helga19

@ValeriaA_ 

@BudiFXW 

@TorM 

once in the 1900s this large house was a home for railwaymen, then during the post-war period it was still inhabited and then abandoned surrounded by vegetation, recently divided and rented, to date I do not know, it remains a reference point for those who drive lined up during the hours of greatest traffic on the bridge. 

Level 9

Thanks @Gio51x

It is nice to know more about your native town Turin.

Share more photos ,please .

What is it worth to see in your town?

Level 8

Città molto bella, @Gio51x. Questa è una visione della mia città, Quilmes. Non è bello come Torino. Nella foto potete vedere la stazione ferroviaria di Quilmes, recentemente elettrificata. Se guardi a sud vedrai la birreria "Quilmes".

https://goo.gl/maps/mfNXXp9YG2m

Nico J.
Level 10

dear friend @helga19 

my city is big and to post it all it takes a long time, however, I publish 'more' SV, thanks for asking, as all the cities has different areas considering that it is not great, certainly the old town is very beautiful, born on a Roman camp (in Latin castrum / decumanus) perfectly squared, then it was extended much after 1955, I have at home books that tell it with vintage images, in fact there are non-central non-tourist areas that are interesting ...

Level 10

@NRJOVIC  

thanks dear friend, today I will open a thread on Quilmes, dedicated to you and your city, I saw that it is entirely photographed by SV.

Level 9

Thanks @Gio51x

Level 8

Very nice and complex arrangments of Railway tracks 🙂

Level 10

Hi @Gio51x, thank you for the Turin city tour. I enjoyed it. You are an excellent guide, very knowledgeable. It seems that train is an important transport there. 

Adriansyah PuteraFlickr
Level 10

dear friend @AdriansyahPutera  

Thank you, the train is one of the main transports as well as trams and buses that cover the whole city, with the train and the subway you can move quickly from several very distant points.