Gio51x's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Turin, my city, the places of my life here and surroundings with Street View

@JaneBurunina 

@LucioV 

@KarenVChin 

@Anonymous

@AlexVee 

Turin,my city, my life,  a city built on a former Roman camp, (in Latin castrum / decumanus) here the Palazzo di Città. 

This place is near Piazza Castello, Palazzo Madama, Palazzo Reale and the Teatro Regio. 

Level 10

Re: Turin, my city, the places of my life here and surroundings with Street View

@JaneBurunina

@LucioV

@KarenVChin

@Vvincent

@davidcox

Porte Palatine Romane in Turin with Google car reflected through the police van, on the left you can see the Cupola Sacra Sindone , an important church in Turin, where the shrine of Jesus Christ is kept with the sheet dating back to the crucifixion. 

Level 10

@JaneBurunina

@Safdarrai

@MosesWong

@ThamaraKandabada

@ThamaraV

good morning or goodnight. just turning on the pc I looked for a random area of my city and I discovered towards the outskirts ... a group of houses from the period 1910-1930 ....

Level 10

@JaneBurunina 

@KarenVChin 

@LucioV 

@TorM 

@ValeriaA_ 

@Anonymous 

Mole Antonelliana, symbol of the city of Turin that once was also the capital of Italy, the construction of this important building dates from the period: 1863-1889, is called Antonelliana taking its name from its architect designer Alessandro Antonelli, the architectural style traces the neo-Gothic , neoclassical, eclectic; the max height measured at the tip of the spire is 167.50 m. Today, thanks to a crystal lift, it is possible to climb up to the small temple where there is a panoramic balcony overlooking Turin.

Level 9

Thanks a lot sir @Gio51x @JaneBurunina@MosesWong,for sharing your beautiful street view. That is really very amazing.

Level 10

@JaneBurunina

@Safdarrai 

@ValeriaA_ 

@KarenVChin 

@LucioV

@Anonymous

This is the Conservatory of Turin, Academy of Music, in this wonderful square, and in the side streets, often you hear beautiful notes of violin or other musical instruments ... are then organized public events where the students of the Academy of Music they exhibit in front of a square full of people ....

an interesting detail of the architectural history of my city is the origin of the buildings, this mighty building in fact in the early 1900s was home to a large depot and market of fuels and mineral oils .... in the square there were carriages pulled by loaded horses of barrels with traders of the past who came here from all over Piedmont to buy mineral products ....

today, however, it is one of the most beautiful squares and the building has been completely renovated, subjected to conservative restoration, thus maintaining the details of frieze and history that gave life to the place.

Level 10

@JaneBurunina 

@KarenVChin 

@BudiFXW 

@Anonymous 

@ValeriaA_ 

dear friends tagged and other friends I present you one of the new two skyscrapers that show Turin even from far away, something that was not possible until a few years ago, but today by traveling the motorways at an average distance of 30 km from the city you can see these two towers ... that at night are lit up as much as during the day because close to the air routes, here once stood the garden where as a child they brought me to play then the old garden was closed and made an underground garage, then a new garden, but by now I was an adult, and after a few years they decided to erect this skyscraper. 

Skyscraper given to the INTESA SAN PAOLO banking group, was designed by architect Renzo Piano, is 166 meters tall and has 39 floors.
On the top floor there is a bar restaurant that operates in days of organized events and a panoramic terrace overlooking the city of Turin. The elevated difference in height with the houses very low does not allow an engaging view and therefore it is always better to view the temple of the Mole Antonelliana which is lower and allows a better view of the buildings below. 

Level 10

@AdriansyahPutera 

@BudiFXW

@JaneBurunina  

@KarenVChin 

@Anonymous 

Hi friends I was absent two days ...
but today we are recovering ... with new projects to tell the world through Street View ...

Meanwhile for you another view of my city the only point where the railroad for France intersects Corso Francia the 4-lane longest avenue of my city, a boulevard with a history connected since 1900 the city with the Castello di Rivoli , first with the carriages on horseback, then with the first cars, then with an electric train called "meat grinder" because he did so many deaths investing in pedestrians of the past was one of the reasons why it was removed ... then later instead the bridge was built where trains pass through France and then the Frejus railway tunnel.

at the bottom of the SV you can see the mountains of the Valle di Susa which then become the French Alps of Haute-Savoie. 

Level 10

@Gio51x wrote:

@AdriansyahPutera 

@BudiFXW

@JaneBurunina  

@KarenVChin 

@Anonymous 

Hi friends I was absent two days ...
but today we are recovering ... with new projects to tell the world through Street View ...

Meanwhile for you another view of my city the only point where the railroad for France intersects Corso Francia the 4-lane longest avenue of my city, a boulevard with a history connected since 1900 the city with the Castello di Rivoli , first with the carriages on horseback, then with the first cars, then with an electric train called "meat grinder" because he did so many deaths investing in pedestrians of the past was one of the reasons why it was removed ... then later instead the bridge was built where trains pass through France and then the Frejus railway tunnel.

at the bottom of the SV you can see the mountains of the Valle di Susa which then become the French Alps of Haute-Savoie. 

A wonderful atmosphere of Turin. I'm looking forward to seeing the other spots of your city. Regards, Adrian.

Adriansyah PuteraFlickr
Level 10

@AdriansyahPutera 

@JaneBurunina 

@Timeisnot 

@BudiFXW

@THOKCHOM 

@carriedeps 

@NRJOVIC 

Turin, my city, here a view from the bridge of Corso Sommeiller, looking over the central station of Porta Nuova with on the left the building (red brick) central heating of the entire railway area and near the building in gray crystals in Italy call it ACEI (Central Computerized Electrical Equipment) which directs through the DCO (Central Operations Center) all the railway traffic and the management of the deviators and earth signals and luminous high signals, regulate the movement of the trains departing and arriving (not over 4 at a time) in addition to the maneuvers for the composition and decomposition of passenger trains.