MarieP's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Re: Tree-a-holics?

@MariaBi ahhh thank you, one of my favorite scenes--winter, trees and light from the sun (doesn't matter if it is rising or setting.) A "fairy sunset" you say....hehe wonder if I could conjure one of those here in the city.

Level 7

@ErmesT I can almost smell the green around this tree. We call these willows. Thank you for explaining how the tree is used.

Former Google Contributor

@MarieP thank you very much for the beautiful and inspiring post:) I guess fairies (and sunsets) can be  call upon everywhere in the world;). 

* Due to the volume of private messages please note that I do not reply to them
Former Google Contributor

Thank you for sharing @ErmesT - I didn't know about this Italian ancient tradition related to vineyards.

* Due to the volume of private messages please note that I do not reply to them
Level 8

Platan tree alley to brewery

Protivínská brewing avenue was planted in 1835 as a three-row alley. Here you will find 59 plane trees, whose circuitry measures 160-310 cm.

https://goo.gl/maps/JkhtLg1BrpS2

tree08.jpg

Level 7

I went out walking today and decided to take photos of trees around me. Trees within a city don't often get as much notice as their cousins out in the wilderness. These trees are all near where I live in New York City.

First, Here is a London Plane tree, Platanus x acerifolia.

London PlaneLondon Plane

Next, here is, I think, a littleleaf linden tree, Tilia cordata. The plane tree was labelled by some helpful landscaper. We also have oak trees as well as the linden trees (and hawthorne and other trees) but not all are labelled. And I am not good at spotting the differences.

LindenLinden

Level 7

It's winter time here now. All our trees have no leaves. But I always feel them waiting, anticipating, that first blush of warmth starting to spread through their roots and bark and branches.

trees and bricktrees and brick

I must remember to take photos of these same trees when spring comes, to show their loveliness. I swear in spring and summer I smell the green, and it's just like walking through a small forest out in the countryside.

more trees and brickmore trees and brick

Connect Moderator

Ciao @MariaBi, bentrovata, che piacere. Oh si, nella mia provincia due sono le piante popolari e anticamente associate ai vigneti: il salice da vimini (di cui abbiamo parlato) e il gelso. Il gelso era piantato in mezzo alle vigne per sostenerle, e le sue foglie utilizzate per alimentare i bachi da seta, che nel dopoguerra sono stati una importante fonte economica alternativa per i contadini. Deve esserci ancora qualche filare di gelsi non lontano da casa, appena posso mando una foto.

@MarieP, non so se l'edera possa essere considerata un albero, anche se il tronco di queste piante sembra quello di un'albero.

Sempre scattata vicino al mio fiume preferito, ero indeciso se metterla qui o in un'altro dei tuoi bellissimi post.

Attenzione: se io sono una LG e se ho creato Re-building, molto dipende da questa immagine, che è la prima che ho tentato (senza riuscirci) di inserire in Maps.

Perciò state guardando una foto che per me è veramente molto importante

IMG_20160612_161456.jpg

Connect Moderator

Connect Moderator