MarieP's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Tree-a-holics?

Yes I love trees.

(I am enjoying going through my photo album, really.)

After rivers and lakes, or at the same time and place, I love trees.

By the way, as I go through my photos, I notice that the photo quality seems better in some than in others. I always take the pictures the same way with the same app. Considering how some of my other photos seem grainier, worse quality, I must just sometimes be rather fortunate *frowning*.

In my first photo I offer cypress tress adorning one of the lovely houses along Lake Como. I took this photo last September.

Como TreesComo Trees

Here, is a tree the shape of which I found intriguing. It is not the only tree with this shape. I don't know what kind of tree it is. Sadly I cannot remember where I took this photo! But it was also last September somewhere in Europe.

Odd treeOdd tree

134 comments
Level 8

Re: Tree-a-holics?

@MarieP I like the old trees. Some are with us are protected.

tree01.jpgtree02.jpg

Connect Moderator

Esta bueno el hilo que creaste @MarieP, es verdad es intigante el árbol, una manera de conocer de donde es coloca la foto en Google que seguro te encontrará de donde es. A mi en particular me atraen los árboles solitarios, que me estoy dando cuenta últimamente cada vez que veo uno así le saco una foto, encima aquí en el sur es ventoso y están generalmente inclinados.

Árbol inclinado en Navarino _ ChileÁrbol inclinado en Navarino _ Chile

Por la ruta C - Tierra del Fuego _ ArgentinaPor la ruta C - Tierra del Fuego _ Argentina

Connect Moderator

Hi, @MarieP, il tuo topic è un invito bellissimo. Gli alberi sono uno di quegli elementi della natura che non riesco a trascurare.

Per cominciare ti presento due alberi che ho già pubblicato, ma che mi piace di pensare di condividere in questo topic.

L'albero con il vestito si trova vicino agli ex magazzini generali della dogana, al porto di Fiera (Treviso). Ogni tanto qualche parte viene aggiunta.

il vestito dell'alberoil vestito dell'albero

L'albero biblioteca si trova a Silea, vicino alla piccola diga sul fiume Sile, ed è dedicato allo scambio di libri

L'albero bibliotecaL'albero biblioteca

Entrambe le foto sono state scattate a dicembre 2016 per raccontare di come Treviso, città che si trova a oltre 20 Km dal mare, nel passato sia stata una città con un porto.

La storia completa la trovi qui.

Connect Moderator

Autunno, lungo il fiume Sile. La forma dei rami di quest'albero mi ha colpito molto. Linee dure, spezzate. Il fiume sullo sfondo riflette il grigio del cielo autunnale.

varie_20.JPG varie_19.JPG

I colori dell'autunno si impongono in queste immagini, dure ma non fredde. Dettagli, frutti, foglie, parti di albero. Il tutto da immaginare, a partire da un dettaglio, per ricostruire nella nostra mente la grandezza, l'insieme di quello che vediamo.

varie_21 (2).JPG

varie_2 (2).JPG

varie_14.jpg

Restera ottobre 2008_005.JPG

Level 2

etv

Level 7

Hi @Myrathor what is on that second tree you show here? It looks like someone was making steps to be able to climb the tree? Do you know what kind of tree that is?

Some of our trees are protected, if they are part of State or national forests, I think (or on private property.) Is that what you mean by protected?

Level 7

@FaridTDF these trees are so amazing. The wind shaped them like this? Incredible.

Have you seen the second tree at other times of year? Does it fill with many leaves? It looks like it is waiting for the right weather!

Level 7

Hello @ErmesT  You are right to point out the bark of those first two trees. Very unusual to me.

What are the"berries" in the third photo? Are they edible? Do they flower at all?

Level 8

@MarieP The other tree is Lánská linden. These trees are protected by the state as a monument. These are mostly lime trees. But it might be a different tree. The linden is the national tree of the Czech Republic. The age of this tree is estimated to be 500-700 years. The modified it to protect it from further damage or decay.