FahmiAdimara's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Traveling 3 Days to Heaven on Earth, Maldives

Discover MaldivesDiscover Maldives

What do you imagine so hear the word "Maldives? Of course there is a shadow of the white sand beach with a clear blue and clean and beautiful coconut trees.

Maldives is an archipelago of 1192 small coral islands in the Indian Ocean. It is located about 700 kilometers southwest of Sri Lanka and about 400 kilometers southwest of India. Maldives is a member of the United Nations, South Asian Association for Regional cooperation (SAARC) and many other international organizations. It gained independence on 25 July 1965, before the Maldives was among the British colonies. 

Finally

One of my dreams traveling to maldives this month reached. I was lucky to get a promo a quite cheap ticket price, because these months are the low season tourists who come to maldives.

Lets gooooo!

On the 11th of May I started my journey to maldives, with the flight route : Surabaya - Kuala Lumpur - Maldives. It takes 4 hours flight from Kuala Lumpur to maldives.

Waiting for next flightWaiting for next flight

4 hours journey on the plane, I use to sleep

Air Asia IndonesiaAir Asia Indonesia

MALDIVES!MALDIVES!

Yeay! Finally i set my foot in maldives! 

Welcome Immigration CardWelcome Immigration Card

Arriving at the airport, I get a card I am required to fill out for immigration purposes. This card explains how long I stay in Maldives. The Maldives government is very concentrated with human trafficking issues. 

Exchange BankExchange Bank

Arriving at Ibrahim Nasir International Airport I then exchange the American dollar with Rufiyaa money. As we know that Rufiyaa is an official currency of the Maldivian state since 1960, printed and governed by its use by the Maldives Monetary Authority.

Luckily arriving at the airport I met the Indonesian people who are also one plane. So after meeting and discussing we can hire speed boad with a fairly cheap price, we share the cost between people so the cost of speed boats to be more efficient.

Around 11 pm we finally arrived at the first destination, Maafushi island. Maafushi Island is one of the largest islands in Maldives. It is surely the most popular local island in Maldives. I was with one of my friends staying at Dream Lagoon Guesthouse. We chose this place because the price is pretty frugal for our pockets.  

Dream Lagoon GuesthouseDream Lagoon Guesthouse

After enjoying breakfast, my friend and I continued to explore this island.

Maafushi StreetMaafushi Street

MaafushiMaafushi

Secretariat of The Maafushi CouncilSecretariat of The Maafushi Council

Maafushi MosqueMaafushi Mosque

There are 25 percent of the island used as a prison

Maafushi IslandMaafushi Island

Many Tours and Water Sports OperatorMany Tours and Water Sports Operator

Maafushi ViewMaafushi View

Maafushi is one of the local islands in Maldives. The island is not very big, if the circumference end to end, not up to 1 hour also has been around one island. In addition is a non-resort local island that we can get lodging with low prices, also this local island became one of the most favourite for foreign tourists because of its private beach pretty okay. 

In Maafushi only one place for tourists can use a bikini, his name is bikini beach. For tourists, there are a barrier on an uninhabited island was made to separate the nearly-naked tourists in a bikini with a neat citizen covering aurat.

Bikini BeachBikini Beach

SnailsSnails

Bikini BeachBikini Beach

Enjoy The Sun

Beach Shop

Bikini Beach View

Sunset at Maafushi Island 

Dinner

After enjoying the sunset on the shore of Maafushi, I then look for information for the excitement the next day. The next day I want to feel something special from Maldives. I want to explore one of the Water resorts!

I made a choice in one of the operators who have a tourist destination to the resort. After that I was briefed by one of the crew operators.

Briefing for tomorrow Sleep

Welcome Drink from Adaaran Resort

Adaaran Garden

Adaaran Resort View

Many Couples stay in Adaaran Resort for Honeymoon

Ms Fitri & Mr Harry at Adaaran Resort

Ms Rini enjoy the Adaaran Resort

Adaaran Resort View

Me with Mr Bayu at Adaaran Resort

Local Guides at Adaaran Resort Maldives

Local Guides at Adaaran Resort 

Another Adaaran Resort Beach View

Local Bird

Drinking Red Wine

A place for breakfast

Breakfast Buffet

Enjoy the Coffee Break

Enjoy The Beach

Enjoy the Water

Ms Fitri & Mr Harry 

LOCAL GUIDES INDONESIA MINI MEET UP AT MALDIVES

Finally get to meet a Local Guide friend from Indonesia. They are Ms Fitri and Mr Harry from Medan, Mr Bayu from Yogyakarta and Ms Rini from Bekasi. We enjoy the resort, we do small photowalk.

Sunset View

Sunset View

After satisfied enjoy the resort facilities, we were picked up by speed boat to Maafushi again. The next day we headed to Male Island by ferry boat.

Vilingili Harbour

After getting out from the boat, I walked to the first destination of the tsunami monument.

Tsunami Monument

Tsunami Monument

The Tsunami Monument is located on the south eastern part of Male city, on the Boduthakurufaanu Magu. This Tsunami Monument was dedicated for those who lost their lives in the boxing day 2004 Tsunami, originated from Aceh, Indonesia. The sea surrounding of this monument is one of best spot for surfing within Male. The monument is famous not only for its history but also for its uniqueness architecture. The design of the memorial represents different aspects of the 2004 Tsunami in the Maldives which made a lot of Maldivian died, many houses, buildings and businesses were destroyed in that year.

Male Street View

After walking around Male Capital City, my next stop is Maldives National Museum.  

In this museum, I can get to know Maldives in more depth. The Maldives state was once a sultanate. In the museum, there are several sultan's thrones once used. There were also robes and turban and swords of the sultans who had ruled the mantras.

In front of National Museum

Old Rufiyaa Money

Antique relics of the Maldives Kingdom

Tsunami memory

Tsunami memory 

Collection of antique maldives script

The antique Qur'an from the kingdom of maldives 

The antique Qur'an from the kingdom of maldives 

Collection of marine animals in the national museum of maldives

Me at Maldives National Museum

After enjoying the museum collection, I continued to observe the typical Maldives building, one of which was the Presidential Jetty.

Presidential Jetty

Local Guides at Presidential Jetty

Local Guides at Maldives Police Services

Al Sulthan Muhammad Thakurufaanu Al Auzam Mosque

Inside of Al Sulthan Muhammad Thakurufaanu Al Auzam Mosque

After enjoying to enjoy some angle of maldives city, I have to return to airport to return to Indonesia. 

Back to Airport

Ibrahim Nasir International Airport

Back to Indonesia

See you next time Maldives! 

I have to wrote this story for twice, because of my internet network going down. Very sad, i hope there is a facilities in this platform to save as automaticaly.

Maldives
14 comments
Level 10

Re: Traveling 3 Days to Heaven on Earth, Maldives

Wow! @FahmiAdimara i can see a lot of pictures! Always remember the 1000 photos limit!

Anyway, i agree with you, it's an heaven on earth. The only place where my ex-wife cried a lot while we were leaving....

Thanks for sharing your great photos!

Level 9

Hi @LucioV you should traveling to Maldives, enjoy the local foods and discover the island and capital city. And also you can meet the local culture 🙂

Level 10

@FahmiAdimara What a trip you had and it is a heaven on earth. By the way, there is autosave function in the connect.

Level 9

Hi @AnuradhaP . Thank you for reminding me. Maybe my internet is in trouble so it is not automatically saved.

Level 8

Bls: Traveling 3 Days to Heaven on Earth, Maldives

asik... jalan2 terus nih .. 

Reody Rustam
Level 10

@FahmiAdimara

Beautifully captured very nice photos. Thanks for sharing. 

How about the resort expenses 

Is it average prices? 

Level 8

Wow, Ahadin. What a beautiful place and thanks for the photos.

Google Verified 360 Street View Photography | LGC Travel and Advice |
Level 9

what a nice informative inspiring post @FahmiAdimara thanks for sharing 😊

Level 9

@FahmiAdimara wow amazing. really those are beautiful photos. if you ask me what is the best place on the planet. I will say Maldives.

12440761_10208471713166367_8565130271489726710_o.jpg

last year I went to Maldives and enjoyed a lot. check my video.