WaynePeter's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

The lake region Geo walk

The first Geo Walk; 11 Local Guides(Kisumu & Western Kenya Local Guides) came together and did the The Lake Region(Dunga) Geo Walk around lake Victoria in Kisumu Kenya . We had mad fun and awesome experience during the walk ... The lake region walk targets ecosystems around major lakes and small lakes, we'll be conducting series of "the lake Region walk" around other lakes in Kenya before the year ends you can also try this in your respective countries. Here is the link to Google photos; The lake region walk album https://photos.app.goo.gl/QU9zXLWOsG1Ckbe53

IMG_20180310_155056.jpgIMG_20180310_161336.jpgIMG_20180310_161828.jpgIMG_20180310_163626.jpgIMG_20180310_163650.jpgIMG_20180310_185858_638.jpgIMG_20180311_204716_173.jpg 

Dunga Beach, Kisumu, Kenya
16 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: The lake region Geo walk

Hey @WaynePeter, what a nice group of Local Guides from Kenya. It seems you had a lot of fun with this beautiful experience.

I love your photos and your smiles.

Do you have also an album to share with us?

Please note that I am moving your post in "share your photos and discoveries board" for all the community to enjoy your Photos

Ermes

Level 7

Awesome Lake Geo walk @WaynePeter. I love your pictures, they are well tinctured and catchy. I'd have love to also host lake Geo walk, but unfortunately we have no close by lake. Will surly find out about the nearest one to my community and see if we can have this type of event too, can't wait 🙂

Level 10

Very nice picture and funny local guide from Keneya .

Thanks for sharing @WaynePeter

Level 8

Great recap @WaynePeter. The photos are awesome specially one with the Google bottle. What is that dress made of ? I am not sure if @InnocensiaO is too from your community. 

Thanks for sharing your the wonderful pictures. 

Namaste, Niraj

Level 8

Thanks @NirajBhusal @innocensiaO is a member of Nairobi LGs I too am a member of Nairobi Local Guides community, am looking forward to starting other communities within Kenya just as I did start Kisumu local Guides community. That spacial dress is made of sisal Fibers it's called "Owalo" in the Luo Language; Luo is a community around Lake Victoria in Kenya with Kisumu as their main City (Headquarters)

Level 8

Thanks @Venance we had mad fun!

Level 8

Thanks @Charleybaits sure you can do it, it's fun plus you'll get to earn more points during the Walk!

Former Google Contributor

Hey @WaynePeter,

Thanks for sharing!

I wish I could be there it seems like lots of fun.

Best regards,
Georges

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators
Level 8

Thanks @ErmesT  1.For moving the post to 'share you photos & Discoveries' 2. For reminding me about the photo album; have edited the post with a link to the photo album in Google photos 3.For acknowledging our first Geo Walk(The lake region Walk). We're now ready and planning to register for the 36 Kisumu photo walk which we did last year around 21st April.