FahmiAdimara's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

The Multi Ethnic Architecture Sumenep Great Mosque

Sumenep Great Mosque

Sumenep Great Mosque was built in the period 1779 to 1787 BC, or shortly after Kraton Sumenep completed. The building of this mosque architectural style combines Arabic, Persian, European, Java, India, and China. This symbolizes the diversity of ethnic groups living in Madura. The specificity of the architecture you can see from the entrance gate which adopt the style of Chinese architecture. While the body section housing the mosque to show characteristic of Java. Minarets or towers located in the west of the mosque is an architectural influence European or Portuguese. Color on the doors and windows thick with the typical architecture of Madura. In addition to the charming architecture, the Great Mosque of Sumenep also included the top 10 oldest mosques in Indonesia.

MAsjid Agung Sumenep 2.jpg

MAsjid Agung Sumenep 3.jpg

MAsjid Agung Sumenep 4.jpg

MAsjid Agung Sumenep 5.jpg

MAsjid Agung Sumenep 6.jpg

MAsjid Agung Sumenep 7.jpg

MAsjid Agung Sumenep 8.jpg

MAsjid Agung Sumenep 9.jpg

MAsjid Agung Sumenep 10.jpg

MAsjid Agung Sumenep 11.jpg

Masjid Agung Sumenep, Bangselok, Sumenep Regency, East Java, Indonesia
6 comments
Level 8

Re: The Multi Ethnic Architecture Sumenep Great Mosque

@FahmiAdimara Very nice building. I like the color of the building. Thanks for sharing.

Googler

Beautiful photos, @FahmiAdimara! I noticed a geowalk tag on your post. Were they taken on a recent geowalk of yours? There are so many beautiful mosques and religious buildings in the world, I just love seeing the images on Maps and here on Connect. 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Level 10

@FahmiAdimara nice . your mosque design different from our  

Mahabub Hasan
Level 9

Hi @Myrathor thank you, i love your adventure photos too, actually the castle. Thanks for sharing. 

Level 9

Hi @TraciC actually i have done take Photowalk at Sembilan Beach, Gili Genting Island, after this we explore and try to Geowalk around Kahuripan Beach at Gili Genting Island, Madura and we just take explore to this Great Mosque, Sumenep Great Mosque. 

Today i have done geowalk with Indramayu Local Guides at Karangsong Beach, but a little rainy and storm limited us, but we just enjoy our geowalk around beach.

I'm try to explore, promote Indonesia and meet people around. Have a nice day Traci 🙂

Level 9