Johnnie_G's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

The Landscape of the VLA, New Mexico

Summer 2016: We had an opportunity to travel through the Very Large Array listening station in New Mexico, USA. This station holds over 200 satellites that are queued to "listen" and map the Universe.

I stood in awe at both the beauty of our ingenuity as humans, and at the most awesome view of the central New Mexico landscape. 

This photo attempts to express both the loneliness and grandiosity of our endeavors.

satalitte.png

NRAO VLA, Socorro, NM, United States
5 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: The Landscape of the VLA, New Mexico

Hi, i'm writing in Italian, you can use the translation function to better understand me:

choose your language for translationchoose your language for translation

Ciao @JohnnaG la tua foto è veramente molto bella, ottima anche la descrizione, che ci aiuta a molto a capire. Complimenti 

Ti do il benvenuto in Connect, la Community delle guide locali. Esplora le varie sezioni del menu per scoprire i diversi argomenti che si trattano nel Forum

Ti invito inoltre a presentarti qui

Grazie per condividere

Level 6

Thank you Ernest. I have more to share. I do love this picture. 

Level 8

I took a fun road trip out this way years ago and stopped in Pie Town (for some pie, of course) but I think I may have to return with my hubby who is a science/tech lover

Level 6

Thank you.

I always wanted to go to Pie Town. We made it there too. I have a few good photos from that shoot!

Level 6

Thank you! I'm good just posting random photos and hanging back.  I'm not on Local Guides that much, I have so much social media going on in my life I'm trying to scale back a little...

Thank you for the compliment. I work hard on taking good shots when I can.

Ciao