BK_GAJENDRA's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Taj Mahal, one of the most beautiful monuments, is one of the Seven wonders of the world.

The Taj as a legend of eternal love of an Emperor for his favourite Queen!!! 

Taj Mahal is an ivory-white marble mausoleum on the south bank of the Yamuna river in the Indian city of Agra, Uttar Pradesh. In 2007, it was declared a winner of the New7Wonders of the World (2000–2007) initiative.

Taj Mahal, Agra, Uttar Pradesh, IndiaTaj Mahal, Agra, Uttar Pradesh, India

It was commissioned in 1632 by the Mughal emperor, Shah Jahan (reigned 1628–1658), to house the tomb of his favorite wife, Mumtaz Mahal. The tomb is the centrepiece of a 42-acre complex, which includes a mosque and a guest house, and is set in formal gardens bounded on three sides by a crenellated wall.

Taj Mahal View at evening timeTaj Mahal View at evening time

Construction of the mausoleum was essentially completed in 1643 but work continued on other phases of the project for another 10 years. The Taj Mahal complex is believed to have been completed in its entirety in 1653 at a cost estimated at the time to be around 32 million rupees, which in 2015 would be approximately 52.8 billion rupees (US$827 million). The construction project employed some 20,000 artisans under the guidance of a board of architects led by the court architect to the emperor, Ustad Ahmad Lahauri.

One tourist girl enjoying the taj mahal view afternoon timeOne tourist girl enjoying the taj mahal view afternoon timeTaj Mahal, Agra, Uttar Padesh, IndiaTaj Mahal, Agra, Uttar Padesh, IndiaCouples taking photos like britain's royal couple had taken previously at TajCouples taking photos like britain's royal couple had taken previously at TajBeautiful Taj MahalBeautiful Taj MahalArchitecture of Taj is unbelievableArchitecture of Taj is unbelievableTaj mahal- Wonder of the world and World Heritage SiteTaj mahal- Wonder of the world and World Heritage SiteThe Taj Mahal is a brilliant piece of Mughal architecture more than anything else.The Taj Mahal is a brilliant piece of Mughal architecture more than anything else.Mughal history is one of the most fascinating in the world- Taj MahalMughal history is one of the most fascinating in the world- Taj MahalTaj Mahal- It is built completely of semi-translucent white marble and took 22 years for completionTaj Mahal- It is built completely of semi-translucent white marble and took 22 years for completionOne tourist taking photos of himselfOne tourist taking photos of himselfThe Taj Mahal is reminiscent of the Mughal era as it was built by Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan back in the 17th century.The Taj Mahal is reminiscent of the Mughal era as it was built by Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan back in the 17th century.The Architecture: The Taj Mahal is a brilliant piece of Mughal architecture more than anything else. It is simply one of the most stunning monuments ever built. White marbleThe Architecture: The Taj Mahal is a brilliant piece of Mughal architecture more than anything else. It is simply one of the most stunning monuments ever built. White marbleSunset at Taj MahalSunset at Taj MahalTAJ MahalTAJ MahalTaj Mahal view at Rainy seasonTaj Mahal view at Rainy seasonThe Taj Mahal attracts 7–8 million visitors a year.The Taj Mahal attracts 7–8 million visitors a year.Taj mahal is situated on the south bank of the Yamuna river in the Indian city of AgraTaj mahal is situated on the south bank of the Yamuna river in the Indian city of Agraminarets frameminarets frameYamuna RiverYamuna River

Bk gajendra
Agra, Uttar Pradesh, India
40 comments
Level 10

Re: Taj Mahal, one of the most beautiful monuments, is one of the Seven wonders of the world.

@BK_GAJENDRA Thanks for sharing this information. Photos are very beautiful. Did you take all these photos?  If not please mention the source of photos.

Level 9

Re: Taj Mahal, one of the most beautiful monuments, is one of the Seven wonders of the world.

Yaa, i had taken few pictures of Taj but collected rest of the picture from my close friends hard disk. I thought, it would be great to share with all fellow local guides member.  Always love to explore our beautiful places to the world . I love my country more than anything else @AnuradhaP

Bk gajendra
Level 9

Come to ‘The Taj’ with blissful pride! Bring the saga come alive!! Come; fall in love, every time!!! A warm welcome awaits you on your visit to Taj Mahal @TraciC @Corrie @GusMoreira @iyudhi @LucioV @YK1001 @MahabubMunna @JessiJ @SumaiyaZafrin @IlankovanT and many more 

Bk gajendra
Level 10

Level 9

Sure, come soon@LucioV

Bk gajendra
Level 9

@BK_GAJENDRA beautiful Tajmahal 🙂

I have never been to Taj Mahal and hope I will visit soon. my friend who visited Taj Mahal last year, always talking about the architecture of Taj Mahal. I think @AnuradhaP visited Taj Mahal few years before? can you share some photographs?

Level 9

You are a travel expert. So, i tagged you because you can see the beauty of Taj Mahal. There are few names, who visited Taj in previous years  (Leonardo DiCaprio, Julia Roberts , Will Smith, Tom Cruise , Ben Kingsley,Orlando Bloom, Eva Longoria and Mark Zuckerberg ,Richard Gere, Paris Hilton, orlando  Bloom, Eva Langoria,  Hillary Clinton,  Oprah Winfrey, Prince William and Princess Kate and many more@IlankovanT

Bk gajendra
Level 9

This year December I have a plan to come to South India and I will try to visit Taj Mahal 🙂

Level 10

@IlankovanT @BK_GAJENDRA I visited Taj Mahal in 2009. These are few photos I took.

DSC01471.JPG

DSC01484.JPG

DSC01494.JPG

DSC01503.JPG

DSC01521.JPG