Julien44's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: TREE PICTURE CHALLENGE

Thanks for tagging me @Julien44. I've been to Ta Prohm and Angkor Wat overall. There are some amazing trees growing and enveloping the temples there.

As for your tree challenge, Spring is in the air:

Just some of the blooming flowering trees at Hap Magee Ranch Park, Danville, CAJust some of the blooming flowering trees at Hap Magee Ranch Park, Danville, CA

Just one of the springtime sights as you walk around Hap Magee Ranch Park, Danville, CAJust one of the springtime sights as you walk around Hap Magee Ranch Park, Danville, CA

I am tagging @FaridTDF @MahabubMunna @SoniaK because I know they have amazing tree photos to add to your tree picture challenge.

Cheers,

Karen

I

Level 10

Thanks Dear captain try to share my collection @KarenVChin

@KarenVChin

Mahabub Hasan
Connect Moderator

Hahahaha @MahabubMunna, I know you have some great tree photos in your stash.

Cheers,

Karen

Level 10

@Anonymous you can check the fact by transferring a plant to another place. Find out that it grows curve in other place or not. 😀

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm not sure @BishowvijayaP. Official article on Wikipedia says that there are apsolutely a mistery. My opinion is that it is quite strange that they can only be found on this small area and nowhere else, but still nature never stop to surprise us ☺️, so maybe they are naturally curved, who knows

Connect Moderator

That is some wild looking trees @Anonymous

Cheers,

Karen

And one of my favorite trees are this Nowe czarnowo krzywy las

Nowe czarnowo krzywy lasNowe czarnowo krzywy las

Nature made this to relax us 🙂 🙂 🙂

2016-08-10.jpg

Can you believe that there are such twisted trees?

I'm challenging @OSAMA@NikolaSub@DhéèrajV

Level 10

OK @Julien44, I'll make notification alert. 🙂

@Julienpaul44 wrote:

@BishowvijayaP Thanks for sharing the place. As we can see you have enjoyed yesterday's hike. Lokking forward to sse what is going to come out. don't forget to share when time comes.

Level 3

Trees at the Grand Canyon in early Spring

213.jpg214.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes @KarenVChin, they are quite something. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@KarenVChin These people are now happy they have spring, trees blossom and we on the north side of the world have snow ❄️❄️❄️.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BishowvijayaP I do not know what to say to you, but by exploring the Internet can come to conclusion that it is a mystery, maybe it is a human creation, the most people believe in it, but I have a little bit of a imaginative spirit and I like to believe that things happen spontaneously and that it is mere nature phenomenon. But this article confirms your theory: 

"It is estimated that the trees were planted in the 1930s and that they were around 7-10 years old when they experienced whatever force/damage that resulted in trunk curvature.  

So what could have caused these trees to grow in this bizarre “J" shape? The weather? War? Aliens? Here are some of the ideas proposed so far:

1. Some believe that fluctuations in gravitational forces or a unique gravitational pull in the area could be responsible, but there is basically zero evidence to support this theory. The force of gravity pulls objects down, not sideways.

2. A slightly more plausible, but still fairly unlikely, theory is that heavy snow could have flattened the trees for an extended period of time whilst they were still saplings. This, combined with a long spring melt would be capable of permanently shaping the trees if there was still a thick layer of snow on top of the trunk whilst the trees experienced a growth spurt during spring. However, the reason this seems unlikely is that, as mentioned, the Crooked Forest is surrounded by pine trees that are not oddly shaped. It would therefore be very unusual for a snowstorm to only affect one specific area of a forest and not the rest.

3. Another popular idea is that during the invasion of Poland in World War II, enemy tanks plowed through the young forest, once again flattening the trees to such an extent that they grew back crooked. Another problem is that once again, why is only this one small patch affected? While the dates may match up for this given that the crooked forest is estimated to be around 80 years old give or take, it seems unlikely that the trauma of being run over by ridiculously heavy tanks would result in this odd yet uniform curvature, if the young trees survived at all.

4. The final idea that has been thrown around that seems to have gained most acceptance is perhaps the most boring one Occam Razor which proposes that the curves are man-made. This would make sense given the fact that the trees are very consistent. The suggestion is that during the 1930s, local farmers planted and manipulated the trees for ultimate use as a construction material, for example for pieces of furniture or, more likely, ship building. An extract from a piece entitled Wooden Vessel Ship Construction even supports this idea.

Ultimately, no one can be certain of what caused the curvature of these trees since there are no witnesses that can testify one way or another, but the last explanation certainly seems the most plausible."

So @BishowvijayaP your theory is somewhat most accurate and reliable. People probably influenced trees to form in this way 🎄🎄🎄.