BartenderPHD's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Suitable Drinks To Tapas

Spain is picking food promised land. Typical tapas are different kinds of hams, cheeses, olives, bread with tomato mess, tapenade, fried fish, marinated seafood, potato omelette and cooked vegetables.

BEER
Wheat beer or light lagers with little bitterness is never wrong. That bitterness will be small because many tapas (olives, tapenade, anchovies and seafood) contain basic taste, umami, which enhances the beer’s bitterness. The carbon dioxide and the fresh, mild flavor in the beer are also facing food flavors and textures in a good way.

WINE
Rosé wines with low sweetness and fruit acid, suited to different kinds of tapas. The acid in the food makes the wine is perceived fruitier and food saltiness pulls down the freshness of the wine.

Sparkling is also well suited to tapas. It need not be cava, Spain’s answer to champagne, but the wine should be flavorful and richer style. The bubbles relieves both acid, umami and salt in the food.

SHERRY
Choose a dry sherry, the drink, with its aromas of apples and nuts, fits most tapas dishes. The acid in the food also makes the sherry is perceived as fruitier

2AFA6FBE-CD17-4C30-9345-DCF74C5D376F.jpeg

Vantaa, Finland
4 comments
Level 8

Re: Suitable Drinks To Tapas

Hi @BartenderPHD

Looks like a perfect dish. Thank you for sharing.

Cheers

Level 9

Thanks @BartenderPHD

Tapas is very delicious!The dishes looks very nice!

I taste it in Mallorca.

Former Google Contributor

This post is absolutely brilliant! Thank you @BartenderPHD for sharing this incredibly detailed knowledge with us. 🙂

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Former Google Contributor

Woah! This photo is just too good, @BartenderPHD. Thanks so much for sharing this. I personally would love to have this plate accompanied with some sangria. 

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!