IlankovanT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Sri Dalada Maligawa - Sri Lanka, Kandy

A visit to Sri Dalada Maligawa Sri Lanka, Kandy

Sri Dalada Maligawa (Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic of Lord Buddha) is the palace built in the ancient kingdom of Kandy to uphold the sacred tooth relic of Lord Buddha. That was a Saturday when I visited and there was a huge crowd both foreign and local tourists and devotees. I could see many multilingual, registered tourist guides explaining about the history and places within the temple.

Sri Dalada MaligawaSri Dalada Maligawa

The museums around were really informative. I felt like traveling back to the old days with time. The dresses worn by the kings, the equipment used in the ancient days and those huge statues of those Leaders were some of the eye-catching stuff but I could catch them only by my eyes. No photography is allowed inside the museum.

Sri Dalada MaligawaSri Dalada MaligawaSri Dalada MaligawaSri Dalada Maligawa

Sri Dalada Maligawa - Entrance sideSri Dalada Maligawa - Entrance side

Another memorable one is the huge tusker Raja, an elephant is well preserved and stands still in a selection museum. This is a huge elephant which took the sacred tooth relic of Buddha in the past for a long time. 

Former President of Sri Lanka with huge tusker RajaFormer President of Sri Lanka with huge tusker RajaHuge tusker Raja elephantHuge tusker Raja elephant

Died: July 16, 1988 (aged 75)Died: July 16, 1988 (aged 75)

The sculptures on the wall and floor were another fact to be mentioned. The walls of the shrine inside the Maligawa as well as the floor inside and outside made me astonish thinking of the ancient technology and architecture. Also the huge ivory tusks stood smart at the entrances the shrines amazed me too.

Sri Dalada MaligawaSri Dalada MaligawaSri Dalada MaligawaSri Dalada Maligawa

If you are planning to go, Kandy, you can visit this Dalada Maligawa. Hope you will like those what I have mentioned above.

More Photos Check this Dalada Maligawa album

Sri Dalada Maligawa (Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic of Lord Buddha), Kandy, Sri Lanka
17 comments
Level 9

Re: Sri Dalada Maligawa - Sri Lanka, Kandy

Great work ! Marvelous images are really attractive to visit, nice information about Sri Dalada Maligawa ! Really the ancient technology and architectural design of the spot is lucrative ! @IlankovanT Thanks for sharing.

Love to Hear ; Love to Share !
Kamal Hasnainee
Bangladesh
Level 9

Yes, it's a really nice place @Kamalhasnainee. other side of this Dalada Maligawa there is a lake with beautiful view.

IMG_20170610_151131.jpg

Level 8

Really a nice post. Photographs are looking good. Even though i am in srilanka I haven't got a chance to visit this place. Hope soon i will witness the beauty you mentioned above. Thank you! 

Level 8

Good post about the most highlighted place in Sri Lanka. I have enjoyed the place a lot! Here are 2 images from my collection. 

Dalada MaligawaDalada MaligawaDalada Maligawa and KandyDalada Maligawa and Kandy

Level 9

Wow really it's an amazing scenario @IlankovanT. Thanks brother.

@IlankovanT wrote:

Yes, it's a really nice place @Kamalhasnainee. other side of this Dalada Maligawa there is a lake with beautiful view.

IMG_20170610_151131.jpg

Love to Hear ; Love to Share !
Kamal Hasnainee
Bangladesh
Level 9

Wao nice. Thank you so much for sharing with us. 

@IlankovanT

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 9

Hey @IlankovanT I want to know which camera you are using for 360 photos. 

Keep ☺ 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 9

@deepakjhic I'm using RICOH THETA S

Level 9

@Kumaran_thanga surely you will like this.

@AntanO thanks for the photos 🙂