SuzanneBozz's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Show your photo with the most views here!

Hello Community!

I just started as local guide a few months ago and I really enjoy it. My main theme is child friendly and family friendly POIs, restaurants, themeparks and playgrounds!

What puzzles me is: Since I was able to see the number of views of my photos, there is one that absolutly stands out, but I don´t really get why? Because honestly: to me there is not much to see.

The photo was taken in a local, quite big themepark just 10 minutes from my home. They have all kind of attractions for small children up to the age of 12. Apart from that, they exhibit old agricultural machineries. To me this is rather boring, but I took the picture just because I wanted to give an impression on how this place looks like. Within hours the photo reached around 500 views and now is around 1600 views, only a few weeks after, whereas all the other photos from that day which I uploaded only have views less than 100...

So any idea, what is so special about this old rusty trailer ???

And what is your photo with the most views on Google Maps? 

Here is the shot:

Most viewed photo, but why?Most viewed photo, but why?

The shortlink to that LG photo is: https://goo.gl/maps/cqrU3a7DPN72

Btw. This was my first posting 😉

Frankfurt am Main, Germany
14 comments
Level 8

Re: Show your photo with the most views here!

Here is mine. Was a nice place to visit. 

Start of Susquehanna River
Otsego Lake, New York 13326, Cooperstown, NY 13326

https://goo.gl/maps/y7ZeEUk4mQD2

Level 9

Hi there,

Dear @SuzanneBozz, I've been a Local Guide for 3 years and I still don't understand why there are more viewed photos than other, but I know one or two things about Google Maps photos and how to take photos that have more possibilities to stand out.

You should always take photos with good quality, photos that show the place you're shooting in general or something peculiar about the place in question and you should always try to be criative.

This is the way I face Google Map Photos, I hope it helps you in any way.

My most viewed photo is from Sete Rios Train and Subway station in the city of Lisboa, Portugal.

Here's my photo, now it has 842936 views:
Sete Rios Train and Subway StationSete Rios Train and Subway Station

You can see it here: https://goo.gl/maps/JE8QtWTP7QC2

Nice photos and nice post, keep going...

Gonçalo Maggessi | Local Guide Level 9 | ​Certified ​Pro ​Viz Trio​ ​​Operator | Local Guide from Lisboa, Portugal
Level 8

Hahaha! That’s exactly the same mystery I haven’t been able to solve for the last few months since I joined the program. I’ve got a couple of “favorite” pictures that are viewed far less than I expected and “really, what is so special about this” pictures that receive hundreds of views.

Level 10

Maybe the views come from Google Photo Search rather than Maps?

Btw. My photo shows a potato processing machine and a trailer for transporting "errgh" slurry from cows or pigs...

Cheers 

Suzanne

Level 10

@SuzanneBozz 

hello, you gave me a precious suggestion, not that I had not thought about it, but it is that so far I have not yet met with agricultural means, but I'll do my best to meet them maybe a giant combine and I'll start a thread on this topic too ... you know what the means in general interest everyone even those who do not normally watch them ... I have open threads dedicated as similar aspects and like ... because for example your photo is not a rusty trailer ... but a vintage piece that is a historical means that attracts more than the current ones .. never say never!

Level 10

@N4speed77 

thanks for the suggestion I go there immediately where you indicated, today I was in Buenos Aires and Bangladesh ....

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have many pictures that reached more thank this number, but I share this one because I like it and I have many memories with it.

I have many pictures that reached more thank this number, but I share this one because I like it and I have many memories with it.

Level 6

i must have more than 4 to 5000 views. What I do not understand is why the ratings on my photos are so low compared to the views on each. My top photo screen shot below. The views do not add up. The photo is nearly 1 week old ! @SuzanneBozzScreenshot_20180504-225708.png

Screenshot_20180504-225826.png

Level 7

It's usually because that particular picture has been used as the profile (front) picture of a place, everyone finds that place on GM sees that picture and in turn racks up the view count.

My most-viewed photo was taken in a sandwich store few months ago:

https://goo.gl/maps/6oDhgf29qFK2

So far it has gathered 600k views, much more than that of other photos I took at the same place on the same day, just because it has become the profile picture of the store.