Andras_H's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Show me your paper maps (take a photo)!

Hi everyone,

I love maps. Maybe here on the LGC I'm not alone with this feeling:)

I know that hard to imagine it, but there was a time, when the Google Maps did not even exist. Or it was already available, but the smartphones were not really on the market. So that was a hard time, I know. That time everybody had only paper maps (mainly hiking) - and I have to admit it, I am still love them.

However these days I'm using paper maps rare. But still, during travelling, I always take some.

So I have a couple of maps and I'm sure, you have also.

The point of this thread would be the following.

1. Take a picture about your paper maps (can be all of them, or only hiking, tourist, city, specific country, etc. - as you wish) including yourself
  2. Show me your favorite(s) and why

The idea was inspired by this thread by @ErmesT - thanks:)

So let me start.

For this photo I have collected only the Hungarian paper maps (mainly hiking, but there are a few city and bike maps) and the Hungarian Military Aeronautical Chart map:)

2017-04-29_21-01-22_DSC_8688-2.jpg

My favorite one is actually 3. All of the 3 maps were made in 1926 - a piece of history:) 

2017-04-29_21-18-37_DSC_8689-1-2.jpg

your turn:)

Gödöllő, Magyarország
4 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Show me your paper maps (take a photo)!

Thanks @Andras_H for the beautiful topic, i'm happy to have inspired you 🙂

In fact I still using some paper maps, for the paths in the Dolomites where I usually go (looking for mushrooms) but I think that a lot of people (like these guys) will be happy to introduce these paths into google Maps.

I hope we will receive a lot of photos, so I'm moving your post to "Photos and discoveries"

Thanks again

Level 8

Thanks again, @ErmesT 🙂

That is true, the hiking paths are always challenging - there are a lot unknown, rarely used, only specific maps have the paths, maybe the LGs know them. So in this case you need a map 😉 

I would go to the Dolomites, for flying. I hope some day I can get there.

@ErmesT wrote:

I hope we will receive a lot of photos, so I'm moving your post to "Photos and discoveries"

Thanks for moving it. I hope also. you can link your map photo here, if you want:)

Level 8

nobody? I am sure that you have some:)

Connect Moderator