ShafiulB's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Shalban Bihar - Kotbari,Comilla, Bangladesh

The  pillar - Existence.The pillar - Existence.

Shalban Bihar (Shalban Vihara) :

This is one of the most important or famous ARCHEAOLOGICAL  Buddhist Bihar of Bangladesh which is situated at Kotbari,Comilla.

It was founded at the end of 8th century by The king  Bhavadev . Where all new buddhist student came for learnt religious knowledge or prayer .But now there is only the archaeological ruin of this Bihar. This is the main attraction of this place.  It has a larger compound area with a big garden around the main complex now. Many type of trees and flowers increase the area Beauty.I visited this place many time but when I go there feel something new and feel refreshment. There are a lots of things to chose and discover there. There are also many archaeological elements and historical sings we may see in the Maynamati museum  which is situated near the Bihar.

Bihar 01Bihar 01

Bihar 02Bihar 02

Bihar 03Bihar 03

Short Introduction for the visitorsShort Introduction for the visitors

Bihar 05Bihar 05

Day by day this is being the best travel or tourist spot of the country for all  kinds of travelers

Bihar 06Bihar 06

How to go :

This is very easy to reach Comilla or its nearby places from whole country side of Bangladesh, Because it is situated near the  Dhaka Chittagong Highway.

From the capital Dhaka its has the easiest way to reach by bus or train.

Using bus service you can easily go to Comilla. Dhaka to Comilla has many bus service like as Tisha, Asia Line, Royal Coach, Prime etc. To get quick or best service you should have to select Asia Line/ Tisha, Cost 180-200 Tk .But to go Comilla Kotbari, Shalban Bihar, you have to first arrive at Comilla Cantonment. Then you have to catch cantonment to Kotbari bus service, cost 20 TK. Then to reach the final destination Shalban Bihar you have to use CNG or auto rickshaw cost 15-20 TK.

Otherwise u can use direct CNG or Microbus service by cost 200-250TK from the highway CNG stations

To know more about Comilla , Stay connect with us 

Or Join Comilla Local Guides Community.

Comilla, Chittagong Division, Bangladesh
12 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Shalban Bihar - Kotbari,Comilla, Bangladesh

This is my experience...  

Every Local guides can Visit this place to know more aabout This place...  

@JeslynL @Corrie @TraciC all are Welcome to Visit my City or Country... 

Level 8

@ShafiulB Very nice place. This historical places I love. Thanks for sharing.

Connect Moderator

Level 5

তোমাকে অনেক ধন্যবাদ বন্ধু, আমাদের কুমিল্লার ঐতিহ্য প্রচার করার জন্য। 

@ShafiulB তুমি চালিয়ে যাও,,

Connect Moderator

che belle immagini @ShafiulB. Sono rimaste, come tu dici, solo delle rovine, ma sono rovine che fanno ben immaginare la maestosità di questo luogo.

Grazie per condividerlo con noi

Level 10

@ShafiulB Nice to see these photos.As I can see, the ruins are well preserved. How many Buddhist sites are there in Bangladesh?

Connect Moderator

Thanks bro @ErmesT ... 

This ruins are Collected or re build by Bangladesh Givernment...  as iI know....  

Connect Moderator

YAA @AnuradhaP You are right ...

There are many Archaeological Buddhist site in Bangladesh ...

01 Shalban bihar ...

02 Sompur Mohabihar

03 Mohasthangar 

04 Rupban mura 

05 Itkhula mura, Comilla .. OR MANY OTHER ...

Level 7

Nice compostion. Photos are quite good.