Level 8

Re: Santorini (Greece)

Such a Beautiful place of Santorini... 

U had a great job 

Keep connecting... 

Connect Moderator

@TheodorosH

What I missing in your post. The food! Greek food is so good and a lot of islands and regions have their on speciality... 

To be honest, I only know the mainland of Greece...

https://goo.gl/maps/6ascMbAtC6r
Level 5

Santorini Recommendations - 1 whole week!

Hi All! My family and I are heading to Santorini for a week next month. What are your favorite places to:

• Eat
  • Drink
  • Beach
  • Shop
  • Wine taste
  • Water sports/activities

We have a 2 year old with us and we will have cars. 

Thanks in advance!

Alysha

Former Google Contributor

Re: Santorini Recommendations - 1 whole week!

Hi @Alysha,

Welcome to Connect and thanks for reaching out.

I think that you can find some answers to your inquiry in the Santorini (Greece), where I've merged your post. You can tag some of the Local Guides written there to help you with some advice. Tagging someone happens when you write the @ symbol and after that the username. In future, you can try to Search the Community, where you can find already discussed topics you're interested in. In Tip: How do I search the Connect Community? you can read more about it.

Since you're new to the community, you might want to share a bit about yourself and get to know others in our monthly Introduce Yourself topic. You can also read the Welcome to the new and improved Connect forum!. In What makes a good post? you'll find some great tips that will help you to get started.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 1

Re: Santorini Recommendations - 1 whole week!

Alysha - There are lots of nice places to eat and drink. An area that I went to many times was Kamari, on the south-east side of the island. There are lots of nice restaurants and bars there.  One of my favourite places to eat is the "Metaxi Mas" restaurant, which is in Exo Gonia. The food was fantastic and the prices were very reasonable.

As you have a 2 year old, I would stick to some of the beaches like that of Perissa or Kamari, which are very large. I'd avoid the red beach, as it is a bit of a tricky walk to get to it, especially with a youngster.   Some of the other beaches are a lot smaller, some more rockier, so I don't think those will be much fun with a young child.

For activities, you can find sailing, diving, kayak and other water sports. On the beach of Perissa you'll find "Wave Sports" which have a range of activities and water sports. For diving, I'd suggest "Aegean Divers" who have a dive center on the main road between Fira and Pyrgos. They have lots of dives available for all levels of diver.

For wine tasting, there are a number of wineries that offer this experience. The one I tried was at "Santo Wines", where you can sit back and enjoy some different wines while enjoying the amazing view of the caldera.

Level 5

More info & images of Santorini