NewFolder5's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Sand Art Second Album (@ermest wanted to see more)

Mermaid...Mermaid...IMG_20161226_170710019.jpgLord JesusLord JesusLord ShivaLord ShivaMother MerryMother MerrySantaSanta@ErmesT wanted to see some more.....

Sand art from Odisha

On my trip to To Puri last month I was very fortunate to attend the sand art exhibition here at the Puri Beach. The sand artists showed us some very beautiful sculptures and sand idols.

Sand art is the practice of modelling sand into an artistic form, such as a sand brushing, sand sculpture, sandpainting, or sand bottles. A sandcastle is a type of sand sculpture resembling a miniature building, often a castle.

The two basic building ingredients, sand and water, are available in abundance on a sandy beach, so most sand play takes place there, or in a sandpit. Tidal beaches generally have sand that limits height and structure because of the shape of the sand grains. Good sculpture sand is somewhat dirty, having silt and clay that helps lock the irregular-shaped sand grains together.

Sand castles are typically made by children for fun, but there are also sand-sculpture contests for adults that involve large, complex constructions. The largest sandcastle made in a contest was 18 feet tall; the owner, Ronald Malcnujio, a five-foot-high man, had to use several ladders, each the height of the sandcastle. His sculpture consisted of one ton of sand and 10 litres of water to sculpt.

Puri, Odisha, India
4 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Sand Art Second Album (@ermest wanted to see more)

yes, @NewFolder5, I asked to see more, and I've asked you more informations to push you to write something about it. In Connect we are a community of people coming from everywhere. We like to see and understand what happens in other country, we like to learn.

Let me ask you a question. What is more important for you? A perfect photo or a photo that give you an emotion? Personally, I prefere the second, so I'm asking you to give a context to your beautiful photos. It help a lot to feel the beauty of place that you is showing to us.
Thanks for sharing

Level 9

Thanks for the advice @ErmesT
Level 10

What a beautiful post @NewFolder5.

I wonder how did I miss this post before. Just found the post while searching username of @ErmesT bro.

The sand art is  soooo amazing. Thanks for sharing this with us. 🙂

🎏🎐🎑🎀🎁🎏🎐🎑🎀🎁🎏🎐🎑🎀🎁🎏🎐🎑🎀🎁🎏🎐🎑🎀🎁🎏🎐🎑🎀🎁

@OSAMA @NareshDarji @OnyedikaBenjaminJ @Jnjoe @SalmaanN @Isaac_O @NkennaA @HelloSamsonR check this art. 🙂

Connect Moderator

There are a lot of gems that need time to get discovered @BishowvijayaP

Keep exploring Connect, there is more to see

Ermes