EtownStickly's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Safety Harbor, Florida

Some pictures from the previous town I was living in, Safety Harbor, Florida.  It's a very old community frequented by various different people and groups for hundreds of years plus.  The city was incorporated in the early 1900's, the main draw being a natural mineral spring which was discovered in 1539 as another prospective fountain of youth.  In the 1800's the grapefruit was introduced to Florida here.  The name Safety Harbor originated from the the waters nearby (top of Tampa Bay) being an escape from pirates at the time thus being a "safe harbor' upon arrival.  Not all the pictures I've taken but I figured for my first 'picture post' I'd just post a few to get my feet wet 🙂

A Tocobaga Indian mound in Philippe Park, one of the last of its kind in Pinellas (National Historic  Landmark)A Tocobaga Indian mound in Philippe Park, one of the last of its kind in Pinellas (National Historic Landmark) 

The Baranoff Oak - Safety Harbor.  Estimated to be between 300-500 years old.The Baranoff Oak - Safety Harbor. Estimated to be between 300-500 years old.

Tucker Mansion (1923)Tucker Mansion (1923)

Veterans Memorial Marina ParkVeterans Memorial Marina Park

View from the Safety Harbor pier looking at to a lesser extend on the left side Mobbly Bay, but mainly to the middle and right the top of Old Tampa Bay.  The city of Tampa can be seen across the water.View from the Safety Harbor pier looking at to a lesser extend on the left side Mobbly Bay, but mainly to the middle and right the top of Old Tampa Bay. The city of Tampa can be seen across the water.

Main Street, downtown Safety Harbor  facing the Safety Harbor Spa at sunriseMain Street, downtown Safety Harbor facing the Safety Harbor Spa at sunrise

Near the renound Safety Harbor Spa  on one of the original paved roads (from a time with much smaller cars)Near the renound Safety Harbor Spa on one of the original paved roads (from a time with much smaller cars)

Nik Panos
Safety Harbor, FL, United States
6 comments
Level 10

Re: Safety Harbor, Florida

More great local Tampa Bay area photos! Very nice! 

Level 10

Thanks!  There's so much to take in just stepping out the front door in Florida most days!

Nik Panos
Former Google Contributor

That's a really nice post, @EtownStickly! Thanks for sharing it. I'm looking forward to some more of your picture posts. 🙂

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 8

That photo (Tree) 2nd photo from the top is very interesting.

Thanks @EtownStickly

Level 10

Thank you!  I'll be posting more frequently, I've been slacking 🙂

Nik Panos
Level 10

@Badruddeen wrote:

That photo (Tree) 2nd photo from the top is very interesting.

Thanks @EtownStickly

It's very old, I think it's supposed to be the oldest in this area, it's been certified.  They have to prop up some of the branches due to the weight, it's really cool.

Nik Panos