Csaba's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Royal Waiting Room

Emperor Franz Josef of Austria was finally crowned as a Hungarian king in 1867. As a "post-wedding" gift with Elisabeth, they got the Palace of Gödöllő from the Hungarian government (although it remained a Hungarian "crown property", not their personal property). 

Gödöllő is roughly about 30 kms (or 20 miles) from Budapest and they often travelled by train. So a "Royal Waiting Room" was also built at the train station. 

Royal Waiting Room - exteriorRoyal Waiting Room - exterior

Yesterday I travelled to Gödöllő (for a conference) and while at it, I took a few 360 shots of the Royal Waiting Room. Also, the first time ever, I used the "set location" and "connect360 photos" feature on "raw material" (i.e. that I had not tried to connect otherwise before) and it worked pretty well. After a few minutes the spheres were live on the maps and the connections work flawlessly. 

So kudos to the developers (for the time being... 🙂

Gödöllői Királyi Váróterem, Gödöllő, Állomás tér, Magyarország
2 comments
Level 5

Re: Royal Waiting Room

Thank you @Csaba for sharing us.

Level 8

Re: Royal Waiting Room

Hi @Csaba!

However I have seen your post and the 360 panos already, I thought maybe I could add a little more insight to the complete story:)

The Royal Waiting Room was not always such a good and beautiful condition as these days.

After the WWII it was partially destroyed, but was saved by a really undemanding way. Also the complete roof part was missing - it was just flat. The building is functioned until 2010, then was closed until 2011. I took pictures several times:

The re-construction of the Royal King Room just started after 67 years, Godollo, 2011, FebThe re-construction of the Royal King Room just started after 67 years, Godollo, 2011, Feb

Then 2 months later:

The original historical roof section in this state is recognizableThe original historical roof section in this state is recognizable

More info and pictures about the history (Hungarian articles)