MarieP's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Re: Rivers and Lakes

*smiling* @ErmesT did you change the subject? Oh yes, you added mountains, in a way 😄

Mountains was going to be something I wanted to think of at another time. But ok--a mountain lake is one of heaven's great gifts to our hearts, I think. In some of the earliest trips I took with family we visited the Colorado Rockies and I got to see my first mountain lakes there. So long ago I have no photos I can find now. But the Alps are spectacular so these make me very happy. Thank you!

PS--mountains without lakes are also awesome 😉

Level 7

@Myrathor This is an interesting little lake. What makes it your favorite? It certainly seems a peaceful place to stop and rest and just breathe in the air.

By the way---the English translation of this location is---interesting. It basically has been translated to be "dog food". The Wikipedia page as translated did not help my confusion!

Level 7

Wow @ErmesT I would sit and have a picnic or snack and look at that waterfall for a while.

Great photos.

Level 8

@MarieP Directly on the lakeshore town of Hallstatt.

Level 8

@MarieP Sorry, the literal translation is " Doggy kitchen" 🙂 

Connect Moderator

Si, @MarieP, le due rive del fiume (Restere) sono per la maggior parte percorribili, da Treviso fino alla laguna di Venezia. Ne parlo in questo topic, che sono certo ti piacerà. L'ente "Parco del Sile" sta lavorando per riaprirle completamente, in modo da ripristinare il percorso inizialmente utilizzato da cavalli e buoi per trainare i "Burci" da Venezia al porto di Treviso

Connect Moderator

@MarieP, I agree with you, le montagne sono spettacolari in ogni caso. Per rispetto del tema del topic, delle montagne parlerò a breve, in un topic separato 🙂

Level 7

@Myrathor Oh yes! I know of Hallstatt (from reading about ancient European archaeology/history)--the Halstatt culture 🙂

I sometimes wonder what it would be like to live around a lake, rather than live along a city river. One of my favorite lakes in the US is Lake Tahoe, on the borders of Nevada and California. 

A few years ago, we drove around that lake as part of a driving vacation in the western US. I thought it would be so easy to drive around close by the lake. But we discovered that in some parts, people own property on the lake (so they can take boats out) and those properties restrict/prevent access to the lake itself. So as we drove, in some places we could only get a small sight of the lake. Fortunately there were other parts of the lake we could park and walk right to it.

I might have pictures.

Level 7

@Myrathor Ok "Doggy Kitchen" sounds to me like a place perfect for dogs (and wolves?) to eat the best food they can 😄

I still confess I don't understand! *laughing* But I love the name.

Level 8

@MarieP Wow very nice lake.