MarieP's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Rivers and Lakes

@ErmesT Nice photos. Thanks for the link. It's a very nice place. Such places I love.

Level 2

Rivers and Lakes

wayanad-lake.jpg

Pookote Lake
Pookote Lake is located in a scenic valley and stands against the backdrop of tropical forests and lush green hills. This natural lake is situated near Lakkidi. It is one of the famous tourist attractions of Wayanad.
Pookote Lake is a well-known picnic spot and recreational center. The place has boating facilities, a lovely children's park, souvenir shops, spice shops, a café, restaurant and a fresh water aquarium. It is ideal for a day-out with family and friends.
Distance:
 Kalpetta: 15 kms. Sulthan Bathery: 40 kms. Mananthavady: 50 kms

Former Google Contributor

Hi @RafeekR,

Thanks for the great information about this location! I just merged your post here in this thread as it has the same title (and topic) of your post. 

Just remember to:

• Search the community before posting as others may have asked your question or posted the same topic already. 
  • Use a descriptive title for your post to make it easier for people to know whether they should open it - mentioning the location you are posting, for example. 

Don't forget to introduce yourself to the other Local Guides on our February 2017 introduction thread, too, if still you haven't done it yet, and feel free to ask if you need any further help or tips to the community. 

Many thanks and have fun with Local Guides!

* Due to the volume of private messages please note that I do not reply to them
Level 2

its my pleasure to hear from you, i will follow your guide lines , thank you for the info 

Level 8

Lake Hintersee is located between the mountain peaks of the Bavarian village of Ramsau.

https://goo.gl/maps/sBHkKqr1dYU2

ře01.jpgře02.jpgře03.jpg

Connect Moderator

@MarieP, sono sempre in difficoltà, con le mie immagini. Fiumi o alberi? per uno che ama gli alberi vicino ai fiumi, è un dilemma difficile da risolvere.

SANY0019.JPGCaption: Plumes lighted by the sunset - Local Guide @ermestCaption: Plumes lighted by the sunset - Local Guide @ermest

SANY0022.JPG

Level 8

The confluence of the Labe and Chrudimka. Pardubice.

https://goo.gl/maps/Fv4qPFrGFNr

20170302_114956.jpg20170302_115002.jpg

Connect Moderator

@MarieP, queste sono le sorgenti del fiume Sile, il fiume più lungo d'Europa (tra quelli nati in pianura).

I cerchi che vedi nella foto sono i punti da dove l'acqua sgorga dal sottosuolo

Sorgenti del Fiume SileSorgenti del Fiume Sile 

Sorgenti del Fiume SileSorgenti del Fiume Sile

Level 5

@ErmesT,

Don't know..must not have looked for it.But yes your shots have that magic place quality too...I love the water wheel. 

Cheers,

Zed star.

Level 5

@Myrathor,

The Parramatta River runs though Parramatta which is the largest suburb by population in Sydney,NSW,Australia.My wife and I have been in this area a few times....sometimes on work related business and more often to see our favorite Rugby League team the Parramatta Eels play a home game at nearby Pirtek Stadium.Parramatta is a huge Western Sydney suburb and is not particularly scenic because it is primarily flat terrain and full of high density housing....plus lots of commercial activity.My wife and I were staying in a hotel adjacent to the Parramatta River and Parramatta Park a few years back while visiting from California and we decided to explore the park which runs along both sides of the river.Armed with a Canon EOS Rebel DSLR with a long lens we ran into a colony of Flying Foxes ...in their thousands hanging from Weeping Willow trees beside the Parramatta River.My wife was very excited about this.There was also stacks of Lorikeets and Cockatoos....and some others birds we couldn't identify.The Parramatta River is a real oasis in this heavily built up suburb and provides relaxing lunch time relief for thousands of local workers and tourists visiting this neighborhood.We loved it. 

Cheers,

Zed star.

Amazing Flying Foxes.Amazing Flying Foxes.Lorikeets are everyone's favorites.Lorikeets are everyone's favorites.The Angels of the bird world.The Angels of the bird world.Always happy these fellows.Always happy these fellows.Maybe a Sea Eagle?Maybe a Sea Eagle?You talkin ' to me?You talkin ' to me?He was pretty friendly.He was pretty friendly.So beautiful.So beautiful.Friendly Cockatoos everywhere.Friendly Cockatoos everywhere.Incredible creatures.Incredible creatures.Thousands of Flying Foxes line the river.Thousands of Flying Foxes line the river.The river runs through Parramatta Park.The river runs through Parramatta Park.Beautiful Parramatta Park.Beautiful Parramatta Park.The Parramatta River.The Parramatta River.