cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9
Level 9

Re: Posting on "Share your Photos and discoveries" Board

Hi @LuisR

This board contains some great photos of natural features like sunsets, ocean views or wildlife etc etc. Do you think it's clear to LGs that, while it may be OK to share those here, such images might not be appropriate for Google Maps? Primarily photos need to be associated with a specific place, and then they should also help the user understand what the place is like. 

Let's say the first hurdle is cleared and a LG is in a park which has a map listing. Is it OK to add a photo of a flower? It's in the park but really it could be anywhere. How about a cloud seen when sitting in the park? Or a sunset through the trees? A squirrel? There is various photography guidance (eg from AnnaD) but nothing which clearly defines this sort of topic, could you advise? And perhaps make an addition to your pinned introductory thread highlighting the different requirements between sharing photos here on the board and on the map itself.

3 comments
Former Google Contributor

Thanks for your input, @Pea.

I'll talk with my teammates (especially @AnnaDickson) in order to sort this out 🙂

Local Guides Community Program Manager
Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.
Level 6

IMG_20180521_150409-1587x1190.jpg

IMG_20180521_145825-1632x1224.jpg

IMG_20180521_145312-1984x1488.jpg

IMG_20180521_150118-1984x1488.jpg

The beauty of nature.

Can-umantad Falls

Candijay, Bohol, Philippines

Level 6