DrShaunak's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Rabindra jayanti (Birth anniversary of Rabindranath Tagore) celebration inside Kolkata Metro Rail

Screenshot_2018-05-10-21-24-51.png

25th Baisakh celebration inside metrorail  (subway)25th Baisakh celebration inside metrorail (subway)

Screenshot_2018-05-10-21-17-59.png

Kolkata metro railway has arranged a small cultural programme inside metro rail  on occasion of birthday anniversary of Rabindranath Tagore. The programme lasted for one hour.  During journey from Tollygaunj to Dumdum station some school children and a few artists performed their dance, read tagore's poem inside metro. It was a nice event.  The General Manager of metro rail invited me to this event and I was present during the journey. I took some videos will upload here tomorrow. Till then I posted some screenshots of the video here. 

Screenshot_2018-05-10-21-15-16.png

25th Baisakh25th Baisakh

Me with General Manager of Kolkata Metro RailwayMe with General Manager of Kolkata Metro Railway

Local Hero: Mapping Calcutta’s Hospitals | Instagram | Facebook| Twitter | YouTube | LGSummit16, LGSummit17, SVT18 alumnus
Kolkata, West Bengal, India
9 comments
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Rabindra jayanti (Birthday of Rabindranath Tagore) celebration inside Kolkata Metro Rail (Subway

Hello @DrShaunak

Thank your for sharing with us this celebration. I like the pictures and it's very interesting see how children celebrate this day inside the metro rail. It would be interesting too if you could explain us a little more about Rabindranath Tagore and the history behind. 

Thanks again 😃 

Level 9

Re: Rabindra jayanti (Birthday of Rabindranath Tagore) celebration inside Kolkata Metro Rail (Subway

Thank you @Gen 

Rabindra Jayanti is a cultural festival on the occasion of birth anniversary of Rabindranath Tagore. In Bengali Calendar the date is 25th on Baisakh.  Rabindranath Tagore (1861- 1941) was one of the greatest writers in the history of Indian literature. He won the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1913, mainly for his book "Gitanjali'- a collection of poems. He composed more than 2000 songs, his songs known as Rabindrasangeet and very popular in India, specially for Bengalis. 

There are lot's more about him. To know the details just Google his name you will get many results. 

Local Hero: Mapping Calcutta’s Hospitals | Instagram | Facebook| Twitter | YouTube | LGSummit16, LGSummit17, SVT18 alumnus
Level 9

@Gen Here is the video. 

@KarenVChin @StephenAbraham @IlankovanT @SoniaK Hope you like this video. 

Level 6
Level 6

Nice video i enjoyed it! thank you for sharing!

Level 6

Re: Rabindra jayanti (Birth anniversary of Rabindranath Tagore) celebration inside Kolkata Metro Rai

@DrShaunak thanks for sharing!!!

Level 9

Thank you for sharing this @DrShaunak 🙂

Level 7

Re: Rabindra jayanti (Birth anniversary of Rabindranath Tagore) celebration inside Kolkata Metro Rai

Hello @DrShaunak,

Awesome!! Thank you for sharing the video.
Best,

Avinash

Connect Moderator

Anondoloke mongol aloke biraj, shotto shundoro.......what great words Tagore wrote hundred years back! I grew up singing and dancing with this song. Thank you for sharing @DrShaunak. You just reminded me of my childhood once again. 🙂

Premer joare bhashabo duare badhon khule dao, dao dao dao

Bhulibo bhabona, pechone chabo na, paal tule dao, dao dao dao

Connect Moderator

@DrShaunak wrote:

Thank you @Gen 

Rabindra Jayanti is a cultural festival on the occasion of birth anniversary of Rabindranath Tagore. In Bengali Calendar the date is 25th on Baisakh.  Rabindranath Tagore (1861- 1941) was one of the greatest writers in the history of Indian literature. He won the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1913, mainly for his book "Gitanjali'- a collection of poems. He composed more than 2000 songs, his songs known as Rabindrasangeet and very popular in India, specially for Bengalis. 

There are lot's more about him. To know the details just Google his name you will get many results. 

You forgot to mention another significant information about him, he is also the writer of 3 national anthems- India, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka.