cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

[RECAP] Stars Observation in Bosscha Observatory

Hello Guides,

Bandung Local GuidesBandung Local Guides

This the second time Bandung Local Guides has a visit to the first and oldest star observatory in Indonesia, Bosscha Observatory. On the first visit Bandung Local Guides held a weekend visit during the day, but this time the visit was made on the evening of the afternoon in order to perform the observation of stars and planets. For the night visit here the procedure is quite strict compared to the weekend visit, due to the limited space and the numerous submissions from various groups, agencies, and individuals. First, we have to apply through facsimile, then confirm via phone, and after the agenda by the Observatorium then on the specified date we live come and pay according to the number of attendees who submitted.

Poses before starting the eventPoses before starting the event

The entrance fee for the night visit is quite cheap, just need to pay only Rp20.000 for one person. To follow the night visit, participants should not be late, because there are 3 sessions to be followed during the event. First, follow the presentation in the multimedia room, then walk to the giant telescope gate building, then we do observe the Moon, Jupiter, and Sirius star using portable telescopes and other large telescopes.

Hearing presentation on Multimedia roomHearing presentation on Multimedia room

Zeiss Telescope on Kuple BuildingZeiss Telescope on Kuple Building

Observe Jupiter planet. (Photo are night but brightness max)Observe Jupiter planet. (Photo are night but brightness max)

For the agenda of the introduction of gigantic binoculars and in the multimedia room can be listened in recap previous visits here. During this observation is quite tiring, because we have to queue with other participants, during the queue we are also given direction and explanation of the object we will observe. At the time of the observation session, the atmosphere is very dark, cold, no lights, even taking pictures using flash or blitz can camera was forbidden in order not to interfere with the observation process that causes light pollution. So expect to use a jacket if not stand the cold of the mountains. The event ended at 8:00 pm, but we got a bit earlier at around 18:40 pm our entourage had finished following various sessions during the visit.

After a visit from the Bosscha Observatory, most of us traveled to Waroenk Surabi Setiabudi, where we had dinner and a culinary tour themed food crawl. The reason chosen Surabi Setiabudi is because Surabi Setiabudi is famous delicious and many flavor variants are also offered relatively cheap price. The place is comfortable and there are two floors where to eat here. Besides various surabi here there are also other dishes such as meatballs and variously processed noodles, some of us are ordering meatballs and noodles Yamin. The portion is quite plentiful and filling. After a meal, followed by a light discussion on the agenda of the agenda meeting. Event ends at 21:00. So happy to finally finish the Friday meeting well and smoothly.

Dinner in Waroenk Surabi SetiabudiDinner in Waroenk Surabi Setiabudi

Surabi fla StrawberrySurabi fla Strawberry

Thank you to participants who have attended the meeting, and apologize for any shortcomings. All photos during the event are in the album. Please click on the album below for view.

Photos Album

Bosscha, Lembang, Kota Bandung, Jawa Barat, Indonesia
4 comments
Level 10

Re: [RECAP] Stars Observation in Bosscha Observatory

Great Recap mrs @Septarina_H

We can improve our knowledge about stars. We spend our times to increase our experiences and to make a solid teamwork.

Bandung LG always did best quality teamwork and support each other to show everyone passion not just individuality.

Congratulation, lets do always our Better.

Salam, Senyum dan Santun

Level 8

Bls: [RECAP] Stars Observation in Bosscha Observatory

Thanks for the meetup @Septarina_H its so awesome to s the biggest telescope, the place that I wanted to come since when I am was kid. Thanks

Sampurasun

Titan

Level 8

Bls: [RECAP] Stars Observation in Bosscha Observatory

Thank @Septarina_H For the recap and the event too. I am glad and happy because I can meet up at Bosscha again, but this session is very special, It is night events, we can see the stars and everything in the sky at night.

Altough I have twice meet up in Bosscha, I want to have meet up again in here, with my family, with my daughters, someday.

Thank Bandung Local Guides and nice to meet new members and Sure the guardian of community, mr @titanloveu and @PaDeSSo Love you all.

Former Google Contributor

Re: [RECAP] Stars Observation in Bosscha Observatory

Wohoo! Such an exciting Meet-Up. Thanks for sharing this recap @Septarina_H

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!