macjantra's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Photowalk at Traditional Market Semarang [Recap]

Last week, several friends and I decided to do Photowalk in the traditional market. This is a sudden idea.

Everything is without preparation, just hoping to get an interesting moment later. We gathered around 6 am, then left for one of the traditional markets in Semarang, the petroleum market. We chose this market because it was quite complete and also had quite diverse traders.

Well, this is a kind of extraordinary experience for me because I don't just look for good photos or make some reviews on Google Maps but also talk and have conversations with local traders about traditional market struggles facing the online market world.

Pak Joko, one of the Local Traders said that all have their own markets. For local shoppers, usually old and big are shopping here.

This is truly a great experience and here are some awesome photos we took for the day.

Kids with their gadgetKids with their gadget

WhatsApp Image 2018-08-02 at 06.37.44.jpeg

MrMrs. SupadmiMrs. Supadmi

WhatsApp Image 2018-08-02 at 06.37.48 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2018-08-02 at 06.37.48.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2018-08-02 at 06.37.49.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2018-08-02 at 06.37.50.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2018-08-02 at 06.37.51.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2018-08-02 at 06.37.52 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2018-08-02 at 06.37.52.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2018-08-02 at 06.37.53.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2018-08-02 at 06.37.54.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2018-08-02 at 06.37.55 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2018-08-02 at 06.37.55.jpeg

Mohammad Arkham Chadiar Jantra -  Semarang Local Guides, Indonesia

Mohammad Arkham Chadiar Jantra
Semarang Local Guides (+6284)
Peterongan, Kota Semarang, Jawa Tengah, Indonesia
2 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Photowalk at Traditional Market Semarang [Recap]

You guys made stunning photos, @macjantra! You caught the feelings amazingly, thank you for that!

I am really falling in love with this market. What do the people there have a hard time with? Do they grow alone the products they sell?

Please, continue having Photowalk Meet-ups. I am looking forward to see more photos like catching atmosphere like you did. 

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 7

Re: Photowalk at Traditional Market Semarang [Recap]

Thanks for the appreciation. Some traders here grow their own garden produce and are sold on the market but most are sellers of vegetables sent directly from farmers.

@IrrPavlova wrote:

You guys made stunning photos, @macjantra! You caught the feelings amazingly, thank you for that!

I am really falling in love with this market. What do the people there have a hard time with? Do they grow alone the products they sell?

Please, continue having Photowalk Meet-ups. I am looking forward to see more photos like catching atmosphere like you did. 

Oh yes, in difficult times they began to see market changes to the digital age making them sometimes receive orders via WhatsApp or other platforms for the products they sell

Mohammad Arkham Chadiar Jantra
Semarang Local Guides (+6284)