LuisRG's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Photo of the Week: Raikkhyang Falls by Tanvir Ahmed (September 11, 2017)

Photo of the week: The beautiful lighting in this striking shot of Raikkhyang Falls by Local Guide Tanvir Ahmed makes this our photo of the week. I'm sure our Bangladeshi Local Guides can tell us more about this place in the comments.

Raikkhyang Falls by Tanvir AhmedRaikkhyang Falls by Tanvir Ahmed

Follow us on Google+, Facebook, and Twitter for more great photography from Local Guides.

How do we select the Photo of the Week?

The Local Guides Photo of the Week is chosen based on a variety of criteria: location, subject matter, and image quality (but not view counts) factor into our selection. Learn more about high quality photography and lighting tips to increase your chances of being selected. Featured photos are taken by actual Local Guides around the world who have uploaded them to places on Google Maps. We do not accept submissions for featured photos.

Keep sharing your beautiful photos on Google Maps and we'll tag you on our social channels if your photo is featured!

Local Guides Community Program Manager
Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.
Raikkhyang Falls, Belaichhari Upazila, Chittagong Division, Bangladesh
13 comments
Level 9

Re: Photo of the Week: Raikkhyang Falls by Tanvir Ahmed (September 11, 2017)

@LuisRG

Wao amazing. It's really nice. 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 9

Level 10

Beautiful photo with technics. 

Thanks @LuisRG for sharing. 

Connect Moderator

Thank you @LuisRG, for selecting this photo as photo of the week. And thanks to Tanvir Ahmed for showcasing our loving country to the world.

Raikkhyang Falls is one of the very famous wild falls from the Chittagong Hill tracts area. Chittagong Hill Tracts is the home of a lot of tribes. Chakma, mong, murong, tripura, etc. are few of them. Thanchi, a small village in Bandarban district is the home to Raikkhyang falls. The specialty of this falls is it's cascade forms. It looks like someone made steps out of rocks. Raikkhyang, Nafakhum, Amiyakhum, Alikadam, Naikkhanchora, and a lot more falls are there that make the whole South-East part of the country the most amazing. The problem is, most of the amazing falls are at remote areas. It is not very easily accessible. Some falls are difficult to explore. Some take 2-3 days hike. Some even don't have any proper way to reach. Yet, they all our pride. They all make Bangladesh, the green country. 

You can find more information about this falls and other ones in the web. Let me warn you before you start browsing.....some photos are really breathtaking. Don't blame me later, if you fall in love with the falls and start packing your bags for Bangladesh. Our Local Guides will be more than happy to host crazy travelers though. 🙂

Level 9

Thanks @LuisRG for making this featured! 

Love to Hear ; Love to Share !
Kamal Hasnainee
Bangladesh
Connect Moderator

@LuisRG Thanks!!!  For this featured post. Coz seeing this many of our Local guides got inspired...

Many many thanks @SoniaK for this nice replay with this place details... 

thanks @OSAMA for invite  me here...

Happy Guiding!!!!

Level 9

I will not blame you @SoniaK :-)))

Am in 😉

Level 9

Happy Guiding @ShafiulB 😁😊😁👍👍👍

Connect Moderator

@OSAMA wrote:

Happy Guiding @ShafiulB 😁😊😁👍👍👍

@OSAMA its update.. 😆😆👍👍👍👍👍

Happy Guiding !!

Happy Mapping !!