Corrie's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Photo of the Week: Pig Beach, The Bahamas by Daniel Piraino (February 19, 2017)

Photo of the Week: This beach in the Bahamas is "the official home of the swimming pigs," captured by Local Guide Daniel Piraino.

PigBeach_Bahamas.png

Follow us on Google+, Facebook and twitter for more great photography from Local Guides.

How do we select the Photo of the Week?
We select the Local Guides Photo of the Week based on a variety of criteria; Local Guides do not "submit" or apply somewhere specifically to be featured. The photos we select are taken by actual Local Guides around the world and shared to a listed place on Google Maps. Photos of the Week are always associated with a specific point of interest on Google Maps, but some are a bit more loosely interpreted and artistic (i.e. it can be a storefront but it doesn't always have to be). They also vary quite a bit in view counts.

With so many talented explorers and photographers (amateur + pro) in our program, we want to recognize the amazing photos Local Guides around the world are contributing to Google Maps. Photo of the Week is one way to showcase different parts of the world, perspectives from LGs, and the multitude of places you can share your experiences about on Google Maps. It's worth noting that we will begin featuring more Local Guides photos generally on our social media channels.

If you're interested in having a photo you've shared to Google Maps featured, keep sharing great photography and we'll tag you on our social channels if your photo is featured!

Pig Beach, Black Point, Bahamas
2 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Photo of the Week: Pig Beach, The Bahamas by Daniel Piraino (February 19, 2017)

Level 9

Re: Photo of the Week: Pig Beach, The Bahamas by Daniel Piraino (February 19, 2017)

Thanks Daniel Piranio for the pic and thanks to @Corrie as well for selecting this beautiful photo for "Photo of the week". In fact I was not aware for pig beach. Everyday I learn something new (in maps) in this platform. 

Local Hero: Mapping Calcutta’s Hospitals | Instagram | Facebook| Twitter | YouTube | LGSummit16, LGSummit17, SVT18 alumnus