LuisRG's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Photo of the Week: Cowans Walkway by Tim Kilpert (February 26, 2018)

Photo of the week: Local Guides are good explorers, that is our quintessential trait. And from the landscapes of New Zealand to outer space, Local Guide Tim Kilpert perfectly showcases this in this gorgeous photo.

Cowans Walkway by Tim KilpertCowans Walkway by Tim KilpertFollow us on Google+, Facebook, and Twitter for more great photography from Local Guides.

How do we select the Photo of the Week?

The Local Guides Photo of the Week is chosen based on a variety of criteria: location, subject matter, and image quality (but not view counts) factor into our selection. Learn more about high quality photography and lighting tips to increase your chances of being selected. Featured photos are taken by actual Local Guides around the world who have uploaded them to places on Google Maps. We do not accept submissions for featured photos.

Keep sharing your beautiful photos on Google Maps and we'll tag you on our social channels if your photo is featured!

Local Guides Community Program Manager
Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.
Cowans Walkway State Highway 8, Tekapo, New Zealand
5 comments
Level 10

Re: Photo of the Week: Cowans Walkway by Tim Kilpert (February 26, 2018)

Hi @LuisRG

Well said, the photo is really gorgeous and in detail.

Beautiful scenery

Thanks for sharing 

@DavidTito did you visit this place, during your stay in New Zealand? 

Have a good day 

Level 9

nice photo @LuisRG , thanks for sharing .

Level 6

Thank you very much Luis! What a great surprise that someone noticed my work and appreciated it. That's me in the photo looking through the telescope. I used a remote trigger and had the shutter set for 30 seconds. I just did my best to hold still and count to 30. I was very pleased with the results. Another thing I enjoyed after adding the location to Google Maps, is seeing all the other pictures others have added to this beautiful part of New Zealand. 

Tim K

Level 10

@TimKilpert Totally love the sight of the clouds rolling down the hills.. nice photo. 🙂

Level 6

@StephenAbraham Thanks Stephen. I didn't realize the clouds were there until I took the picture. Those are the kind of things I love about photography. Seeing things you never realized were there. And thank you for the kudos!

TK