JohnnyE's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Panthera Spelaea - Cave Lion Fossil

Panthera Spelaea also known as Cave Lion appeared in Eurasia before about 500,000 years and lived until the end of the last ice age, about 10,000 years ago. The current degree of exploration of sediments and fossil bones from the pit of "Vrtare Male" suggests the presence of at least four cave lion species. Two almost complete skulls, lower jaw and teeth, long bones of the front and back extremities, bones, vertebrae and ribs were collected from this pit. More than 250 skeletal elements of the fossil cave lion are kept in the Museum of the city Crikvenica in Croatia.

Story source: ZOO Zagreb and Croatian Natural History Museum

Copyright: Johnny Eric M.Copyright: Johnny Eric M.Copyright: Johnny Eric M.Copyright: Johnny Eric M.Copyright: Johnny Eric M.Copyright: Johnny Eric M.

Zagreb ZOO: Lion Cave Outdoor

Zagreb ZOO: Lion Cave Indoor

@AGarner, @VicL1@Yohanad, @ErmesT, @NareshDarji, @VictorOmebije, @deepakjhic, @DavidTito, @BishowvijayaP, @MedRidaZ

Jama Vrtare male, Dramalj, Croatia
15 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 9
Solution

Re: Panthera Spelaea - Cave Lion Fossil

Just checked it from my iPhone and both photospheres works as expected, however tomorrow I will check it out from my computer to make sure it's working properly. 

EDIT: @ErmesT it's working for me on desktop as well. Just saw your reply that everything works as expected.

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator

Wow @JohnnyE

This beauty is just at less than four hours from my house!!

Great, I will have to plan a visit.

The story and the photos are beautiful. Just check because the first photosphere doesn't work 😞

Thanks a lot for sharing this amazing place.

Ermes 

Level 9

It's my pleasure @ErmesT. I am in bed already, I will check it out and fix it in the morning. Thanks for letting me know. Glad you like it. It's very interesting and educational. You are more than welcome to be my guest and I will be more than happy to show you many interesting and historical places in Zagreb. 😊

Good night!

Level 9
Solution

Just checked it from my iPhone and both photospheres works as expected, however tomorrow I will check it out from my computer to make sure it's working properly. 

EDIT: @ErmesT it's working for me on desktop as well. Just saw your reply that everything works as expected.

Connect Moderator

Wow amazing @JohnnyE thanks for sharing with us.

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Connect Moderator

Level 9

@NareshDarji wrote:

Wow amazing @JohnnyE thanks for sharing with us.

You are very welcome my friend @NareshDarji.

Level 9

@ErmesT wrote:

Yes, @JohnnyE

I cam confirm : both photosphere are OK now

Ermes 

@ErmesT thanks for confirmation. I was wondering what could be wrong since I shared it as always and never had any issues.

Level 10

What a historic evidence @JohnnyE. Thanks for sharing. 🙂

Level 8

@JohnnyE Very nice presentation and its thanks to you I can now post like you like I've always wanted to and thanks @BishowvijayaP for showing me @JohnnyEhad a video on how to, thank you both

kind regards @DavidTito

@_Johnny_ wrote:

Panthera Spelaea also known as Cave Lion appeared in Eurasia before about 500,000 years and lived until the end of the last ice age, about 10,000 years ago. The current degree of exploration of sediments and fossil bones from the pit of "Vrtare Male" suggests the presence of at least four cave lion species. Two almost complete skulls, lower jaw and teeth, long bones of the front and back extremities, bones, vertebrae and ribs were collected from this pit. More than 250 skeletal elements of the fossil cave lion are kept in the Museum of the city Crikvenica in Croatia.

Story source: ZOO Zagreb and Croatian Natural History Museum

Copyright: Johnny Eric M.Copyright: Johnny Eric M.Copyright: Johnny Eric M.Copyright: Johnny Eric M.Copyright: Johnny Eric M.Copyright: Johnny Eric M.

Zagreb ZOO: Lion Cave Outdoor

Zagreb ZOO: Lion Cave Indoor

@AGarner, @VicL1@Yohanad, @ErmesT, @NareshDarji, @VictorOmebije, @deepakjhic, @DavidTito, @BishowvijayaP, @MedRidaZ