MelakT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Omo valley village's

The Lower Omo River in south west Ethiopia is home to eight different tribes whose population is about 200,000. ... A massive hydro-electric dam, Gibe III, has now been built on the Omo river in order to support vast commercial plantations that are forcing the tribes from their land.Kara tribe’sKara tribe’s

Mursi Merege villageMursi Merege village

Dasenech tribesDasenech tribes

Jinka, Southern Nations, Nationalities, and People's Region, Ethiopia
4 comments
Level 10

Re: Omo valley village's

@MelakT Great post you have here, I think your post should be in the thread of photos and discoveries let me call on  the connect moderators to move your post so as to expose these rich cultures of yours. @iyudhi

Level 9

@MelakT

thank you so much for sharing with us.

You are a good photographer .

Keep smiling and contributing to Google Map.

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome pictures, thanks for sharing this information on Omo Valley. I ran across this gentleman on Twitter that is a guide in Omo Valley and gave him a heads up about the Google Local Guides.

After looking at his Twitter feed I looked at Google Maps to read and learn more about the area, then came here to see if anyone has posted anything about it. Glad I found this thread.

Level 7

Thank you for contacting me choosing my tribal contact experience. and very happy to give you my reputed services in the best of ways to suit your interests to the utmost.I am well known for giving specialized tour services in discovering the Omo Valley tribal communities in the best of ways. I would like to tell you that I am happy and honored to give you my reputed service as to best discover the daily uninterrupted normal and authentic life of my tribal communities.  the tribes you mentioned like Surma you need 10 day's minimum,  this direction is rarely visited tribes for most amazing photography I highly suggest you. I returned just few day's ago look some pictures on my fb page.  I found it extremely interesting for my clients to let them stay as much close as possible to the remote and inaccessible tribal villages through camping which I have seen that this will give an ample time of exposure to these communities day and night living philosophy highly dependent and bonded with their surrounding environmental conditions. I would like to tell you that your trip to Omo valley is mainly composed of daily life tribal adventures and some unique mass cultural activities which is dynamic and changes from one tribe to the other. Therefore, I prefer to use a flexible itinerary as opposed to the rigid daily program in other types of tour activities; this is because during your stays in the Omo valley where you are and will be next in a specific day matters because most activities are location sensitive as to best attend colourful tribal activities which are full of interesting adventures. Therefore, I use a flexible itinerary in order to meet my clients interest to the utmost.