HiteshPapaniya's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: Photos of your area at night challenge

@Briggs, thanks for sharing. I thought Westfield malls or shopping centers are just a US thing, but it looks like you have them too in Australia. 

We have numerous ones around the SF Bay Area, including in San Francisco’s famous shopping district called Union Square. 

From where you were on the train station platform, how far were you from the Sydney Bridge? It seems so close, but the landmark Bridge is so brightly lit. 

Cheers,

Karen

Level 10

In my time in LA and Las Vegas, I did not see any Westfield shopping centres there at all, despite covering quite a wide range of places. But there were quite many overlapping retailers that our countries shared. I think I strive to go to every shopping centre in Sydney. There are also quite a few here too, from the Stockland type of malls, to the Marketplaces and the other independent ones too. Mainly Westfields dot the area.

The Sydney Harbour Bridge from the vantage point which I stood measures at about 1.29km. It may also have been super-brightly lit than average because of Vivid Sydney happening too. So much light, it really is a festival!

Level 10

@Briggs thanks a lot for sharing these photos!! They are very beautiful 🙂

@Briggs  escribió:

Hey @KarenVChin and @ValeriaA_, here are three photos captured at night. I was meant to go out this evening but it is far too wet and cold.

Caption: The city of Sydney at night from North Sydney train station.Caption: The city of Sydney at night from North Sydney train station.

And two shots from my local area:

Caption: Dawson Mall is my suburb's local gathering area, just outside the shopping centre.Caption: Dawson Mall is my suburb's local gathering area, just outside the shopping centre. Caption: Night time picture of the entrance of Westfield Mount Druitt.Caption: Night time picture of the entrance of Westfield Mount Druitt.

My suburb isn't the most friendliest to have a stroll in the middle of the night, but it's what I can do.

Argentina | Follow me on Maps! | IG
Level 8

Re: Night At ?? ( challenge you )

Night in Reykjavik, Iceland in JuneNight in Reykjavik, Iceland in June

In the summer in Iceland, you cannot get dark pictures of the night sky. This picture was taken at 2:00 am. The tower in the background is Hallgrimskirkja. #Nightat @HiteshPapaniya

Level 8

Our lakefront airport gets a variation of this view every night.Our lakefront airport gets a variation of this view every night.IFamilies enjoying the lake.Families enjoying the lake.A friends deck overlooks Lake ErieA friends deck overlooks Lake ErieI had to stop my car and get out when I saw this lovely haze over the city. Although it does look like Godzilla is walking my way.I had to stop my car and get out when I saw this lovely haze over the city. Although it does look like Godzilla is walking my way.Cleveland was the 5th largest city in the early 1900's, so it has some impressive architecture.Cleveland was the 5th largest city in the early 1900's, so it has some impressive architecture.Cleveland Public Theatre during PandemoniumCleveland Public Theatre during Pandemonium  I live in Cleveland, Ohio, which is along the shore of Lake Erie, one of the Great Lakes. Anthony Bourdain, the recently deceased CNN chef/personality, said that he dreamt of living here one day and that his favorite show out of all of them was filmed here. 

We have a great night life, which is not really represented with these pictures because I focused on landscapes mostly. I live walking distance to about 12-15 great, and I mean world class great restaurants. We have a very low cost of living here which allows us to spend our money on things other than housing. 

If you ever have a reason that brings you to Cleveland, feel free to contact me. Besides being a Google Local Guide, I tend to be a guide in real life too, although not for a living.

Cheers and thanks @HiteshPapaniya for the opportunity to focus a few years worth of pics on this type of a format. I don't know any friends who hashtag yet! whoops!

Peet

Level 8

IMG_20180613_220426.jpg

One of the my favourite and busiest soda shop in Surat . @ValeriaA_ @Jesi

Hitesh
Connect Moderator

Hey @HiteshPapaniya! Sorry for the very late reply.

#NightAt UTN Campus, one of the buildings of the National Technological University in Argentina.

Webp.net-resizeimage (3).jpg

Level 9

Hello @FullCleveland

Thank you for your photos.

It is fantastic!So beautiful!

Level 6

I saw this discussion and I had to post. I really enjoyed everyone's photos. I love night pictures as much as light pictures and everyone captured some great vantage points. I am sharing New York, New York - Niagara Falls, NY - View from the Brooklyn Bridge, NY and the Ohio River at Riverfront Park in Cincinnati.

Before Brooklyn Bridge.jpgNiagara Falls.jpgFrom Brooklyn Bridge.jpgOhio River.jpg

Connect Moderator

@purplegamer, very nice pictures!

Thank you for sharing with us!!!

https://goo.gl/maps/6ascMbAtC6r